• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

free stuff and locations

G

I am closing shop...3 houses on shard...1 keep in fel...1 18x18 in fel...1 by yew gate tram...in the next month i guess they will be dropped...if anyone is interested pm me and we can arrange something. I can't find any of my old friends.

G

You sure you wanna leave? I'm thinking about starting up V*C again. We can get together and talk about the good old RP days.

S

Sethblackmoore

<blockquote><hr>

You sure you wanna leave? I'm thinking about starting up V*C again. We can get together and talk about the good old RP days.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG!! V*C?? I used to be in B-C and we would rage siege on yer place.
Was fun...I sucked at pvp but still lots of fun. I miss the vampires! And
the Soulstorm clan.....we were in many guilds together. Weren't you in SoN and M^F for atime? Anywho hate to see another great person leave the game. Hope you you back to us.

M

Millie

I remember when SS joined V*C. I use to come to fel to run around with his Red. He sure showed Me some pretty Neat places. We met at vesper bank one day not long after my best freind LM and I started. He tought me how to fight with honor and die with pride. You don't find players like him much any more.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Scotia is returning?

G

Nah, Scotia isn't returning, i've been talking with him lately and it seems for some wierd ass reason that he's into WoW now. Been at least trying to get him to look at Darkfall but he say's with WoW introducing Death Knights as a new class in the next expansion that it pretty much seals the deal for him. I still can't believe Scotia got suckered into WoW, a grind game that doesn't have real PvP in it.

G

Yeah, V*C and B-C had some fights back in the day. We also fought alot against SoN, Mishra, the Xerads (After they left V*C) and later on the Cult of the Midnight Wraith, plus countless other RP People/Guilds that sprouted up every now and then. Baron Scotia later on took V*C to Chesapeake when Char Transfer Tokens came out because RP was pretty dead on Napa besides us, i wasn't able to get a Char Transfer Token at the time though. Baron Scotia quit UO while it was on Chesapeake, and a member of it, Darion Rex, took control of it and moved it to Origin. I visited the V*C (Vampires of Carafax Reborn) on Origin, they were then led by Darion Rex. Darion Rex asked me to tell the members and him about the old days of V*C, our rules/events/wars/etc, so i did. From what i've heard, Darion Rex has quit UO and V*C is leaderless again.

I wasn't in SoN. I was in M^F/B-C for about 2 years then quit when Kielia became the GM, but this was long after V*C moved/disbanded.

I

imported_Stargazer

Strange how wherever the followers of Kerahl are mentioned, I seem to find my way into it.

Those of us that remember tell all kinds of stories about the 'good old RP days.'

As far as WoW goes, the Cult spent several years there not only dominating the RP communities on Shadow Council (RP) and Twisting Nether (RP-PvP), but also leading other RPs into the Endgame. We were the third group on TN to down Prince when Karazhan opened, and one of the only EPuGs to do it at all.

We play Tabula Rasa now. It's nowhere near as sandbox as UO was back in the day, but the RP is good and the game is a lot of fun.

G

I was talking to some old B-C and other people that were around at that time and this is what was said.

<blockquote><hr>

"Carafax never _had_ any PvPers with the exception of Fritz who was complete trash for as long as he played. It's why Scotia went so far as to recruit people like AqUa who were even worse. It was a typical example of a ragtag PvP guild trying to stand out as being "RP" even though only a handful of them really were."

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

"Carafax's good PvPers went.....to the Cult"

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

"He posted his chars names from his Vampire days on Stratics. I'm going to have to ask Aedil next time I see him, I'm 99.9% sure he was the vampire that was always complaining when the Bears and Vampires battled. We always had to send Bears over to the Vampire stone to even things out. Not just in numbers, but talent as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

A

-Aldaen-

<blockquote><hr>

Strange how wherever the followers of Kerahl are mentioned, I seem to find my way into it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ghastly laughter is heard, dry and dusty like an exhumed grave. The laughter slowly dies and a voice proceeds to speak. Eloquent, yet deep and ill-formed as if heard through the slick bubbling of oil, the sick voice begins to drawl;

No matter the magnitude of thine efforts, Silas Du'vry, thou canst not claim the Wraiths as thine master's own.

With a parting dose of nauseating laughter, the voice is gone.

F

five oclock

Dang..the one time thy voices in me head speak...Im to far away to hear them

K

Kielia

<blockquote><hr>

I was in M^F/B-C for about 2 years then quit when Kielia became the GM

[/ QUOTE ]

Well heck, if I had known I would be that effective, I would have taken over as GM a lot sooner!

F

five oclock

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I was in M^F/B-C for about 2 years then quit when Kielia became the GM

[/ QUOTE ]

Well heck, if I had known I would be that effective, I would have taken over as GM a lot sooner!

[/ QUOTE ]

hey Kiela..good to see you posting. Thats all :p

I

imported_Stargazer

Oh, yummy. Now it's getting good. Let me qualify and clear up some of the statements made:

<blockquote><hr>

"Carafax never _had_ any PvPers with the exception of Fritz who was complete trash for as long as he played. It's why Scotia went so far as to recruit people like AqUa who were even worse. It was a typical example of a ragtag PvP guild trying to stand out as being "RP" even though only a handful of them really were."

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored]. Carafax had stellar PvPs- while Fritz was one of them, I'll always have to give the Baron, Lord Scotia his due. I think maybe I took after him a bit in my playstyle later on in WoW- finding something your class wasn't meant to do, and doing it better than anyone else could. V*C was a great RP guild- before the Cult. It's a shame though that their legacy faded away... ours is eight years (this month) and still building.

<blockquote><hr>

"Carafax's good PvPers went.....to the Cult"

[/ QUOTE ]
Not quite. While one or two did, a lot of Cult members had V*C toons (and visa-versa) for RP purposes. I always admired those who could be two or more different characters.

<blockquote><hr>

"He posted his chars names from his Vampire days on Stratics. I'm going to have to ask Aedil next time I see him, I'm 99.9% sure he was the vampire that was always complaining when the Bears and Vampires battled. We always had to send Bears over to the Vampire stone to even things out. Not just in numbers, but talent as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, the exact opposite was true- and it wasn't Vampires, it was Cultists. Scotia was far, far too proud to let anything like that happen. I've got screenshots of well known PvPs and other Outlanders being put on the B-C stone to try and even the odds. We didn't pancake though, as 7 of us usually kept 15 or so of them underfoot. We were PvPRPs when the B-C was an alt stone for people who wanted to be able to post RP on their 'resumes.' In fact, it got so bad that Aedilwulf decided to end the war to save face for his guild- which wasn't necessary, really- after reading some IC comments that one of our deities had posted on our own forums.

I'd give away body parts to go back to those days.

S

Sethblackmoore

Well...I can say in all honesty, cuz I'm not one to boast my mad pvp skills,
I got pwned quite a bit back then...lol. I didn't pay attention to the details
back then cuz I was only in it mostly for the RP of it. I died a lot but still
had a blast. That was my hey day of UO really. Had lots of friends on and always seemed to have something to do. I loved those guys in V*C. I would also give a lot to go back to those days. RP seems a dying artform but that's just a perspective.

G

[quote\I am closing shop...3 houses on shard...1 keep in fel...1 18x18 in fel...1 by yew gate tram...in the next month i guess they will be dropped...if anyone is interested pm me and we can arrange something. I can't find any of my old friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

this post was about this. -2

I

imported_Stargazer

<blockquote><hr>

this post was about this. -2

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, reminicing about the times before Napa was dead is definately out of the question.

B

blightuse

Cheer up Soulstorm.

Not all is lost. Just a bunch of scattered remnants.

I do so cherish how I can so easily find people talking about my legacy.

*cackles*

It never seizes to amaze me how something i forged many years ago still to this day finds its way to my eyes. Yet I have not lifted a single finger to cause it. It makes me happy knowing that I forged a legend.

I was talking with Fritz just the other day in fact and we were reminiscing about how the denizens of Napa revered us in ways we would have only ever dreamed.

As of right now Vampires of Carafax sadly has no place in any world right now. The only reason Vampires of Carafax lived through Brittania's generations. Was that this world was begging for a life. An empty world with no lore except that which the citizens left behind was evident.

I say it can be reborn again but it would take a reunion built from a tremendous amount of will power. And that is something you will have to learn for yourselves for it is something I can only offer in good conscience.

Anyways. I bid thee all a fond farewell until another day. A day when my name is spoken in calling.

Scotia,
Baron of Carafax
icq#122555776