• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Free hand and potions

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do supernova, conflagration, poison, and shatter potion not require a free hand to use while the rest do?

Is this a bug or as intended? I suspect a bug.

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Why do supernova, conflagration, poison, and shatter potion not require a free hand to use while the rest do?

Is this a bug or as intended? I suspect a bug.
i think it is because those potions are used via a hidden telekinesis skill that the devs gifted to all races in UO.... thanks, devs :)

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I figured this, it is working as intended, not a bug.
on other potions "you must have a free hand to drink a potion"
You do not drink the above potions.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do supernova, conflagration, poison, and shatter potion not require a free hand to use
Poison requires a free hand. Explosion does not. Your list is bugged. Or was it intended to be wrong?

"you must have a free hand to drink a potion"
I'm not going to go thru all my potions but maybe they intended to ones you can drink to require a free hand.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Frankly I never understood the free hand thing. I can't think of a single other game that requires a free hand to drink a potion.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just a thought, if alchemy adds to potions why doesn't tailoring add to bandages? Let that sink in a bit.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And how do you chug that potion with a free hand while wearing a plate or closed helm!