• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

free accounts entering certain lots....

G

Since when have free accounts been able to enter money lots?? I encountered one today, made it clear he was free and he couldn't sell, so he was asking others to sell for him, then trade him the money.

Might be wrong of me.. but I think it's wrong. Skill and money lots they shouldn't be able to do anything in... entering is fine, but those objects shouldnt be usable to them.

Just my 2 cents.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Since when have free accounts been able to enter money lots?? I encountered one today, made it clear he was free and he couldn't sell, so he was asking others to sell for him, then trade him the money.

Might be wrong of me.. but I think it's wrong. Skill and money lots they shouldn't be able to do anything in... entering is fine, but those objects shouldnt be usable to them.

Just my 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's doing that, then he's exploiting and anybody who agrees to trade him the money is exploiting.

I remember reading a while back that players were being allowed to go into the money lots and skill lots to 'try' them, but not get money or skill for their efforts, but I never imagined paying players would try to thwart the effort of getting people to subscribe by rewarding players in this way.....I should have, I guess.

I'd make a bug report on the Wiki if I were you since you witnessed this first hand. Since they are doing this, free players might have to be banned from entering any lots but residential, again, which sucks for all the free players who werent' exploiting. *sigh*

G

Wasnt long ago I was discussing free accts in game and some were mad about the limitations, I said come on folks you know perfectly well that if its possible to exploit them people certainly will do it. Proof in point...sigh.

I'd use the report feature anytime I see this happen.

G

Maybe this is a glitch. I just tried to take my free account sim to a money and a skill lot, it wouldnt let me enter either one.

I

imported_herk1287

Hey theres also a store in EaLand payin free accounts 50 dollars per skill point earned there, isnt that exploiting

G

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe this is a glitch. I just tried to take my free account sim to a money and a skill lot, it wouldnt let me enter either one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I have a free account also and tried to take it into EA Land last night and could not skill or make money. Making money I could understand, but I don't understand why they won't let free players skill if they wanna, even if there's nothing to do with the skill. You can't benefit from skilling without being able to make money, other than being able to chat and have something for your sim to do, rather than just sitting around on residential lots screwing around with the interactions. That's only fun for a limited amount of time LOL

Still, if some players are getting away with exploiting on money lots, then that's totally not cool, and they should be accountable, as should the players that are enabling them, so if I was to report I'd report both as exploiters.

G

well also speaking of interactions, you get a lot more interactions from skilling, so you should be able to, it should have no effect on the buy back of simoleans.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Hey theres also a store in EaLand payin free accounts 50 dollars per skill point earned there, isnt that exploiting

[/ QUOTE ]

No herk. Paying free accounts to sit on your lot is about the only way they can earn money. It's not exploiting. It's good business since if you care about visitor hours.

P

Paula777

Wow guys, sometimes I can't believe what I'm reading in City Hall.
You just can't see anybody getting away with anything...
Such a petty community sometimes, shame on you all!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If people are cheating, then they should be stopped, period.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

AJ is correct. If someone claims to be on a free account and they are in a money or skill lot, it is up to the community to use the in-game reporting system to report these players.

Just because someone claims to be on a free account, it doesn't necessarily mean they really are.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we actually want things to be clean in the new game and free of exploits. Shame on us all, indeed!

/sarcasm

Give me a break.

G

One thing I have to ask here.
I believe it's possible to have multiple free accounts.
If it is then there is nothing to stop an exploiter from opening heaps of free accounts, getting them all to do money objects and having their premium account cashing them all in.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If it is then there is nothing to stop an exploiter from opening heaps of free accounts, getting them all to do money objects and having their premium account cashing them all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they really aren't *supposed* to be able to enter money lots.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly why free accounts are NOT supposed to have access to money lots.

C

Catwoman1966

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If people are cheating, then they should be stopped, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, I agree with you 100%!!!

Cat.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly why free accounts are NOT supposed to have access to money lots.

[/ QUOTE ]

......or at least are not supposed to get paid for the things they make, if a post I know I read recently is to be believed, but perhaps that was before free players were given unlimited access in TC3 and might no longer be current now.

The easy fix for this that comes to mind is to fix the code so that the person who starts an object is the ONLY one who can finish it. This would stop people from *stealing* other people's objects when they have to stop and green from not timing objects right, as well. Perhaps if a sim starts an object and doesn't finish it before getting kicked off a lot for some reason, the owner or roomie could place the object in inventory, which would clear the object for the next person to use, but not credit the roomie those simoleans. I'm not sure if the latter part is codeable, but it's worth a shot to suggest

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they really aren't *supposed* to be able to enter money lots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that, and I was the one that reported they could and how it could be done.
At that time it seemed ok and I even thought that their wouldn't be any harm in letting free players in as long as they couldn't earn any simoleans.
I didn't think of others being able to cash in the money objects until I read this thread. Now I think something needs to be done, because it will and likely already is be taken advantage of.

I

Inge Jones

I have been "guilty" of doing a deal with a free account sim - I sold her gnomes for her and paid her the money . Now I am not a person to abuse a game's rules, but I very clearly remember reading in the blog that for example the free players could help out in the robot factory and not get paid, but that players might give them some money for their help. That's why I thought it was ok to do this sort of thing. If not then can someone please make the rules really clear and unambiguous?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

There are very good reasons to not let "anybody getting away with anything...".

*An 'unreported' exploit devastated this game over a year ago.
*It is entirely possible for a seemingly harmless bug or glitch to be the tip-of-the-iceberg, for a much more serious one.
*No one likes to play by the rules and find that others are not.
*And finally, *our* payouts and prices are being affected by everything in the game, these days, so we can not *afford* to look the other way, if something is not right.

Here is the Blog post (Free Play Part I) that explains that free players are not allowed to enter money houses in EAL:

<blockquote><hr>

To start with, free accounts with not receive subscriber bonuses (obviously enough) and will not be able to enter money or skill lots. They will also not be paid for jobs but will be able to participate to help others out (help make more robots at the robot factory, for example, and maybe get a tip for doing so?

When a free player attempts to enter a money lot, for example, they will get this dialog:

[/ QUOTE ]

In the comment section of that same entry:

<blockquote><hr>

Sarah said,

on February 20th, 2008 at 11:15 am

Free players will continue to be allowed and welcomed on TC3 - we want to allow as many people as possible into our test city. Your input on testing new features is very important to us. This is also why we did not introduce limitations on free players on TC3.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a bit contradictory, but she was answering a suggestion that Free Players not be allowed in TC3, and may not have meant it the way is sounds....

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

The easy fix for this that comes to mind is to fix the code so that the person who starts an object is the ONLY one who can finish it. This would stop people from *stealing* other people's objects when they have to stop and green from not timing objects right, as well. Perhaps if a sim starts an object and doesn't finish it before getting kicked off a lot for some reason, the owner or roomie could place the object in inventory, which would clear the object for the next person to use, but not credit the roomie those simoleans. I'm not sure if the latter part is codeable, but it's worth a shot to suggest

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to rethink this....I can see malicious individuals entering a lot JUST to make a roomie or owner put items in inventory, knowing that eventually the inventory will fill and property limit will max out. Preventing them from replacing the objects they removed. Those individuals will eventually "close" a property because the property owner no longer has any option but to delete the unsold item in order to replace it. At current prices, they also will not be able to afford to buy new items to replace the ones they removed.

G

Gaby

Ok...I have had this happen twice today as well.On my skill lot and my money lot. The sim that came into my money lot expected me to sell his painting for him,and no I didn't.It seemed so out of place that I thought he was scamming or something.Well he got pissed and left.(after 10 minutes of begging me)Apparently he had been going from house to house doing this b/c I was swamped in IM's from ppl telling me not to do it,lol. Well, later this evening at my skill house... same thing happened but she expected me(for whatever reason ,i'll never know) to pay her
#1. to skill....and #2. for the job she just left that didn't give her money for working.
Her reason for not subscribing....."i'm vinamese and its 15k for $1 ,I can't afford 9.99 a month" (her exact words ,lol.not mine)

ok...then........

The next person that pops into my house is getting pissy with me b/c she says she needs to go to work and make money and my phone will not let her call a cab...ok..so i go call a cab..works fine...then she calls a cab and poofs.I think ok, weird but w/e .THEN, she comes back after one round of work and curses me out b/c she didn't get paid and says I owe her money b/c my phone messed up her cab????and b/c she didn't get paid for working??? ok,lol....i just dunno what to think about all this...then she says " this is a waste, i'm not subscribing to this game" and poofs.......

So, I guess what I would really like to know is...what is the best way to handle this?

Are they going to be allowed on these lots for good or is it a glitch?

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I have been "guilty" of doing a deal with a free account sim - I sold her gnomes for her and paid her the money . Now I am not a person to abuse a game's rules, but I very clearly remember reading in the blog that for example the free players could help out in the robot factory and not get paid, but that players might give them some money for their help. That's why I thought it was ok to do this sort of thing. If not then can someone please make the rules really clear and unambiguous?

[/ QUOTE ]

The abilities to the free accounts seems to be unstable. I think (since the accounts are freebies) they should not be given a trade option either. That would put a stop to any confusion we have and give the free accounts more of an incentive to become a paid subscriber. I am still trying to figure out why a person with a paid account would want a free account also. Makes me wonder what thier motives are unless it is just plain curiosity, but that's just my opinion.

G

It is a glitch if it was in EAL....in TC3, I am not so sure.

Either way, it seems to me, the easiest way to handle it for a skill or money lot owner, would be to boot and ban any Free Players until it is resolved.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The abilities to the free accounts seems to be unstable. I think (since the accounts are freebies) they should not be given a trade option either. That would put a stop to any confusion we have and give the free accounts more of an incentive to become a paid subscriber. I am still trying to figure out why a person with a paid account would want a free account also. Makes me wonder what thier motives are unless it is just plain curiosity, but that's just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is an interesting topic when it comes to the translation of the rules. I believe it was noted on the first night that free play was active that free players were allowed into money lots, and Sarah responded with something along the lines it allowing free players to experience the money house, just not the money, as a way to entice them into subscribing. However, since then, it must have been changed back to the ORIGINAL statement that they are NOT allowed in money houses. And again we find ourselves with free players entering the houses.

I think free players should be allowed to have trade mode, however, as a means of making money from subscribers. The devs have said that they want subscibers to be able to compensate free players for various things (ie. help at the robot factory), so I think we should welcome them with open arms and wallets.

I for one plan on paying free subscribers to water my plants. If I run into one at the restaurant, or have one help to DJ me at the nightculb, I'll be sure to tip a portion of my earnings for their kind help.

G

Gaby

yea it was in EA Land(all three times,lol)
So yea, I will do the boot and ban thing.Thank you for the info:)

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is an interesting topic when it comes to the translation of the rules. I believe it was noted on the first night that free play was active that free players were allowed into money lots, and Sarah responded with something along the lines it allowing free players to experience the money house, just not the money, as a way to entice them into subscribing. However, since then, it must have been changed back to the ORIGINAL statement that they are NOT allowed in money houses. And again we find ourselves with free players entering the houses.

I think free players should be allowed to have trade mode, however, as a means of making money from subscribers. The devs have said that they want subscibers to be able to compensate free players for various things (ie. help at the robot factory), so I think we should welcome them with open arms and wallets.

I for one plan on paying free subscribers to water my plants. If I run into one at the restaurant, or have one help to DJ me at the nightculb, I'll be sure to tip a portion of my earnings for their kind help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is the best way of helping the freebies, so yes eliminating trade would be bad. I just hope that some players *by no means you* are not using these accounts to help themselves. I would be willing to do the same as you and other jobs as well to keep the honest potentials in this game. Heck, if they sign up to be a paid subscriber I would help them even more with items and such.

N

Noddy Bond

Its deffo a bug they know about and i am guessing its not that high on the fix list otherwise it would have been fixed straight away, granted subscribers should not be cashing out the objects and giving them the money so its down to the subscribers to police what they each do when it concerns a free player.
But i have also said that this type of cash in/cash out option EA are going for will either fall flat on its face and they remove it in aid of a better option OR it will be the solution to the worlds poverty, i honestly can not see how this economy is going to work considering they are still pouring stacks of money into our sims pockets by comparison to the likes of SL &amp; There (even if they have dropped the payouts beyond belief) i also do not know of any other game with this type of ecconomy model if any one knows of one that does let me know i have to see this.
I hope they do pull it off as its an intresting Ecconomy model to start with.

Incidently i too have a Free acount along side my Payed Subscription account, the one use i can see for it is to maybe keep a store open while you are out and about on your main sim skilling or somthing but i did set it up to see these Free Account restirctions for myself, good lord i probably have 15+ EA accounts if i worked out all the usernames and passwords i have had over the years not to mention that when i used to be on AOHELL all those screen names also apeared on EA at the same time i guess back then EA and AOLHELL had some agreement that the Screennames were also set up on EA's database and i did have alot as i was constantly changing them heh.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The robot factory is different because free players are *allowed* to be there. It is a BUG that they are in money lots. That's why it's OK as Luc stated for them to help in the robot factory, because it's OK for them to be there. From now on you probably don't wanna do that again since it seems players will be reporting both parties when they see it done....as my hubby always says, ignorance is curable and most people are willing to follow the rules as long as they *know* them

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to rethink this....I can see malicious individuals entering a lot JUST to make a roomie or owner put items in inventory, knowing that eventually the inventory will fill and property limit will max out. Preventing them from replacing the objects they removed. Those individuals will eventually "close" a property because the property owner no longer has any option but to delete the unsold item in order to replace it. At current prices, they also will not be able to afford to buy new items to replace the ones they removed.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I can see your point.....maybe the owner or roomie could have the option to sell the object to clear it so someone else could use it, without putting it into inventory but not get any money for it. Again, I don't know if its codeable, but stealing objects has been around for a long time, since there's a 'delay' now on someone else being able to sell it, but someone else CAN still come along and sell it and pocket the money. Maybe it could just be coded so that the object recognizes who started it and if ANYBODY else finished it they couldn't pocket the money, it would just come up 0 simoleans and then the next person could start their own set of objects.