• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Fountains of Life Disappeared

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About half an hour ago on Balhae, I used two Heritage tokens received in September to create two new Fountains of Life.

I placed both fountains near the front of the house and threw some bandages in them. Then I decided they looked dumb there, so I axed them and moved them to the third floor of the house. I clicked the barrels and placed the fountains where I wanted them, secured them and set the access to friends, and then turned them with the interior decorating tool so they would be east-facing. They looked just fine where they were. They were in front of a wall and sitting on a stone tile floor. They were roof tiles above them on the 4th floor above them where a roof hangs out one row past the wall.

I decided I didn't like where two teleporter tiles near the fountains were located, so I went into customization mode to relocate them. I did not notice any messages about items becoming unsecured as I went into customization mode and nothing fell out of the house either. However, when I got out of customization mode, both fountains were gone and the only things in the moving crate were a Christmas tree deed and some virtue banner deeds.

My guess is that turning the fountains to be east-facing is what made them not come back into existence after I exited customization mode. Maybe??

Ingstein

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I remember you shouldn't be able to go into customization mode with fountains of life in your structure in the first place?

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They may still be there - just invisible (I've had a problem with that). Have you tried mousing over the area looking for the tooltip?

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
My guess is that turning the fountains to be east-facing is what made them not come back into existence after I exited customization mode. Maybe??
This issue was resolved in a publish 80 update.