• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fountain of Life not recharging

Vohnkar

Visitor
Hey there,
I have some Fountains of Life, locked down & secured in my home. The heck is that they aren't recharging at all over a 24h period. I mean, with or w/o bandaids in, no charges at all!
Tried to destroy them and replace them, nada.

Any tip to get over that issue?

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I never saw a positive charge ... always zero. But then again I had them stuffed with bandages from day one.

Have you tried emptying one out then dropping 10 bandages into it? If it's ready to work, you'll immediately get enhanced ones. If not then wait 1 day and check for 10 enhanced ones.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Maybe one of your neighbours is sneaking in and taking your enhanced bandages in the night! :p

Vohnkar

Visitor
Maybe one of your neighbours is sneaking in and taking your enhanced bandages in the night!
:grin: Would have been possible in RL, but since UO is the kind of "Matrix" :cool2: where Privacy rules are pretty reluctant to be broken,.. I can assume that there is a no possibility here, since my home is in private mode. o.0

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They never show a charge (unless I guess you were watching at the exact moment in the 24 hour day that they produce, then I'm sure it would be such a short time that you'd not even see it then.
Note how many bandages are in each stack and write it down, then check tomorrow (24 hours) same time, I think you'll find they're working.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They never show a charge (unless I guess you were watching at the exact moment in the 24 hour day that they produce, then I'm sure it would be such a short time that you'd not even see it then.
Note how many bandages are in each stack and write it down, then check tomorrow (24 hours) same time, I think you'll find they're working.
That's why I suggested using only 10 bandies in one to see if they change. AFAIK it's 10 at a time per 24 hour period. With only 10 white items in, 24 hours should have 10 yellow.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's why I suggested using only 10 bandies in one to see if they change. AFAIK it's 10 at a time per 24 hour period. With only 10 white items in, 24 hours should have 10 yellow.
I just suggested knowing how many of each were in there so he knew that it did or didn't work. I'm quite familiar with how many are made a day and the color, I've had 18 fountains up for more than a decade, heh.

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you figure out what happened? I bought one from the store a few days ago and it's also not working. I tried all day to in-game GM but no one showed up. Anyone have ideas? I just returned and I really need these, don't really need it as a deco.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It should just convert 10 normal for enhanced each day. I use to have 15 of them in my house and ended with with 100K+ of the bandies. Try bring a few fresh bolts of cloth and cutting them down, might restart the process.

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It should just convert 10 normal for enhanced each day. I use to have 15 of them in my house and ended with with 100K+ of the bandies. Try bring a few fresh bolts of cloth and cutting them down, might restart the process.
Thanks I'll try this

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Didn't work, I tried axing it and logging out with it. I tried new bandaids and also tried putting it in another location. I think I customized a fix on my house yesterday and I'm now wondering if that borked it.

Vohnkar

Visitor
Been playing UO for years and had those well before I quit. But there is something going wrong with those now. Today, still got my 500 regular bandaids intact and a womping 0 charge left. 6 days in a row.

Same here, GM are really quiet...
Don’t lock them down. Just place them
Upon placing them, they are automatically locked down; you only have to chose the security level. :(

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
There was a bug years ago where if you place them on a vendor for sale and took them off it would reset them to the original way that they worked I’m not sure if that Bug has reappeared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vohnkar

Visitor
Got bandaids on roïds today, yay!
Got an email reply from a GM (never showed up online), telling me that everything looks fine with my fountains and should get "enhanced" by tomorrow.
Miraculously, my fountains look being fixed this morning. :thumbup:

Vohnkar

Visitor
Got a reply from a GM (never showned up online), stating that my fountains has nothing unusual and they should work normally by tomorrow.
Miraculously, I got some bandaids on roïds this morning... Thanks to the GM, whatever he did (or not) :thumbup:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes when you place them they do not make the bandages the first server down but start working normally on the second server down/up. Most of the time they work right off the bat after placed but not always.