• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Founders day!

G

August 1 will begin the first of four days of celebration! August 1st's celebration will be a meet and greet. A festival for all the folks that live and die on this wonderful shard. It would not be an Iantown production with out a contest, though.

How much damage can you do in one hit? Just one! Any one that hits more is disqualified. Double strike counts as one hit. Only once though! :)

First prize will wil three soul stone fragments, second will get two. In the event of a tie, a duel will be decide the winner.

For the fun news, the target will be Kelmo!

The next three events will be posted soon.

G

<blockquote><hr>

the target will be Kelmo

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey for once I don't feel I need to be payed to kill someone...

I've been wanting to target you for a while now... but alas... every time I venture into Iantown you are never there...

*sighs*

Guess I shall see you tonight? =P

G

*smiles* I did a poor job of copy and paste. August 1st is the day of the event.

G

No matter the date... are you going to be there tonight... hrmm either way I suppose I'll be knitting or something... =P

I have to get in touch with my feminin (I really don't think I spelt that right... but you know what I mean...) side... =P

G

I am rather busy tonight. I wish you luck. With your knitting and stuff.

G

I like knitting... makes me feel all warm and cozzy inside...

M

MeMn0cH

Weird Questions:

Can I ask my target to drain his/her mana?

Can I hit with a weapon and spell at the same time?

Can I precast a buff spell? (Its not doing damage na na
)

I

imported_Castor

i hope Iantown holds the its annual Dark Schnieder wither contest to see who can withstand the close wither..that was the highlight for me last year

G

Wow... those are wierd questions... =P

Why are you asking me though!

G

You can buff all you want. Only one hit though, so it must be either weaopon or spell.

Gondor, you might catch Kelmo out in the woods working out. I gotta get those hit points up!

G

sounds like great fun, ill try to be around for sure :)
oh and do curses count as hits too?

D

Dark_Schneider

<blockquote><hr>

i hope Iantown holds the its annual Dark Schnieder wither contest to see who can withstand the close wither..that was the highlight for me last year

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, that was a rare opportunity I don't think will come any time soon, also a big part of it was the initial Earthquake, somehow I think people will be a bit more wary of a lich wandering around the middle of a very large crowd lol. Suprise is an invaluable ally (A few AFK enemies never hurt anyone either heh) But it was for fun and not grief so it was all good.

Still have this lieng around in my photobucket (i believe this Screenshot was originally shot by sloan, i didn't really think to take a screenshot as I ran for dear life after "remove thyself")

G

Hmmm, Kiera Willow is coming to visit me for a week, so I am not sure that I will be around much, but if I am in the realm on Aug 1, expect to see Kiera and I attend this event. If not, I wish you all much fun and success with the festivities.

I

imported_Castor

what made me laugh was i think it was one of the vmp guys (wyrm?) that were mad that you beat them too it...

was really funny, skylark and me are in the middle of that mess..

D

Dark_Schneider

<blockquote><hr>

what made me laugh was i think it was one of the vmp guys (wyrm?) that were mad that you beat them too it...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yeah it was wyrm, they told me that him and fourchord were talkin about it on vent and four was trying to convince him to do it but i got to it first MAUHAHAHA. I just couldn't take any more bachelor auctioning and i just couldn't pass that opportunity.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yeah it was wyrm, they told me that him and fourchord were talkin about it on vent and four was trying to convince him to do it but i got to it first MAUHAHAHA. I just couldn't take any more bachelor auctioning and i just couldn't pass that opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I have a death-wish, but I regret missing that little moment of Siege history :)

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

August 1 will begin the first of four days of celebration! August 1st's celebration will be a meet and greet. A festival for all the folks that live and die on this wonderful shard. It would not be an Iantown production with out a contest, though.

How much damage can you do in one hit? Just one! Any one that hits more is disqualified. Double strike counts as one hit. Only once though! :)

First prize will wil three soul stone fragments, second will get two. In the event of a tie, a duel will be decide the winner.

For the fun news, the target will be Kelmo!

The next three events will be posted soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you dont start to late as we europeans would love to join on that event aswell. Even if its all grey/white again. Just to be there is well worth it and showing your mates such pics makes them jealous for not playing SP hehe.

G

That event took place not long after I started Siege (and UO). Like so many other things, I did not understand how area spells such as EQ and wither worked, and the differences in results casting them between reds &amp; blues...I only remember I was puzzled at seeing grey so suddenly, along with most of the rest of the packed house. I had to get things explained to me afterward. The only thing I was annoyed about was how long it took me to find my body
. (Many thanks to the kind folks who told me about AllNames, and the wonder of Ctrl+Shift.)

I also recall that I lost a great seat, when I got up to tease WyRm when he arrived late, and was standing in the back of the room for a while. I got another seat eventually, and also managed to save a spot for Castor, by plunking down a wheat sheaf on the bench next to me, until he got there, but it still was not as good as the first one. Vampire lords cause trouble in SO many ways...

-Skylark

A

Asmodi_Mhul

Founder's day?
2 of the original 4 don't even play anymore and I myself have nothing to do with the town anymore...so it's Kelmo day?

M

MeMn0cH

I must say, I wish I were playing siege when that all went down.. However I was still a prodo newb..

But no matter.. me and goodguy hit up the Iantown Theatre during its rennisance (SP?) and Got about a good 10 corpses.. then we stuck around and rezzed the folks cause there were no survivors

G

Ginsu-SP

I remember that.

That was back when I thought Spree was a real girl! lol

I think I left right before that happened.

<font color="blue"> Mem’ries,
Like the moongates in my mind
Misty neon-colored memories
Of the way we were
Scattered armor,
And the regs we left behind
*HUGS* we gave to one another
For the way we were
Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has EA re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? could we?
Mem’ries, may be beautiful and yet
What’s too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So it’s the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were...
The way we were...
</font>
Cheers!

G

No. you guys still count! Just because you are not around does not mean we will forget all you did in the past.

G

<blockquote><hr>

No. you guys still count! Just because you are not around does not mean we will forget all you did in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, now we need to be worried.

*Waves*

*back to lurking*

A

Asmodi_Mhul

Hah, no, I'll never return to Iantown for anything other than a raid or to visit. Although an entire festival in my honor does make one's head grow larger

Good to see ya Ragsie...now if we can dig Glen outa the woodwork perhaps we can have the orginal Fab Four for a quick reunion

Lol, so when's the VH-1 "Iantown Behind the Music" special debut?

F

Freesharder

Could you post a map pic?

Maybe you could make a big red circle marked "Victims Here" for those of us not familar with the area

G

While Founders day is indeed a recognition and rememberence of the past, it is also a celebration of all the hard work that every person has put into the community. I cherish the memories of all the times we have had, good and bad.

I enjoyed the company of many fine folk, some no longer with us in game, but certainly still with us in spirit.

Freesharder! You know darned well where Iantown is! You posted a map of it not so long ago.

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

I cherish the memories of all the times we have had, good and bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soooo... does this mean the Iantown KOS list will be on hiatus during the event? Or is there going to be a Rez-Kill Spyder event that I wasn't made aware of? *eyes Ru's runebeetle nervously*

Seriously.. sounds like a good time which I'm sure will be as good or better than the May Faire.

F

Freesharder

Well I went to that red circle and I couldnt find any victims, but then I could not locate the GZ either so that probably explains why the place was deserted

G

Did you do a thorough search? Iantown has a lot of room to move about in.

D

Dark_Schneider

<blockquote><hr>

I could not locate the GZ either so that probably explains why the place was deserted

[/ QUOTE ]

Why were you looking for VJ in Iantown?

M

MeMn0cH

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I could not locate the GZ either so that probably explains why the place was deserted

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Zing!

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mem, will you wear the pink Hula skirt again?! Pretty pretty please? You looked so cuTe in pink!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent been in town in awhile, is that stupid house still there? That count's as a VJ "guardzone" since they can commit suicide quite safely in there....

G

Yeah it is still there. I hope they run out of buddy codes some day.

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah it is still there. I hope they run out of buddy codes some day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah.. like any outwoods pub.. there are no facilities to relieve one's self in.. the outhouse next to the Kelmo's Tavern is very convenient to do just that! Leave it be for us heavy ale drinkers! ;)

F

Freesharder

Hmm...

Not I am not saying there could be more than one house that is shall we say, architecturally lacking, but I was not sure which one it was...

M

MeMn0cH

<blockquote><hr>

Mem, will you wear the pink Hula skirt again?! Pretty pretty please? You looked so cuTe in pink!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gunna show up on my mage.. Whispers.. Im thinking of making him my main character.. Dunno how Im going to dress just yet.. Maybe If I can get a HotM before Auguest 1st I'll look mad pimp..

G

Well, the third night will most likely be fashion night. What better excuse for you to wear your pink? Perhaps Castor will be sporting some new duds as well. *crafts sun glasses*

S

skypuppy

Nay it isnt Kelmo day. Whether you believe it or not the Frist Founding Fathers are still talked about today to all new ppl that are intrested. We Thank You for starting what we now call home. And we didnt ask you to leave you left cause you wanted too. And you know we would LOVE for yous to come back. We do miss you and wish yous were around more.But Founders day isnt really about the ppl who founded it , it is about the founding of the town to begin with. And those that is still here.

G

This has nothing to do with the topic...I just find the post date/time stamp on Asmodi's reply very curious:

Re: Founders day! [Re: skypuppy]
#6021371 - 07/29/05 05:45 PM

The time now, accounting for server time offset, is 12:20 p.m.

Is Asmodi doing haxxors to make his post stay at the top all day long???

-Skylark

P.S. yes, I am that bored...

*edit*

Eep! This diabolically clever time-stamp hack runs deeper than I thought...as I write this at 12:30 p.m., I found the following EXISTING posts:

Selling Ice Island Keep
#6021363 - 07/29/05 05:40 PM

Re: Hi people... [Re: CorwinWE]
#6021335 - 07/29/05 05:23 PM

Re: High End Selling list [Re: Punani/Atilla]
#6021277 - 07/29/05 04:49 PM

GonthraX and Punani are obviously in on it too

M

Mandolin

*phew* glad I wasn't the only one.. now if I could only have back the 20 minutes I spent screwing around with the timezones in my control panel. :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

Nay it isnt Kelmo day. Whether you believe it or not the Frist Founding Fathers are still talked about today to all new ppl that are intrested. We Thank You for starting what we now call home. And we didnt ask you to leave you left cause you wanted too. And you know we would LOVE for yous to come back. We do miss you and wish yous were around more.But Founders day isnt really about the ppl who founded it , it is about the founding of the town to begin with. And those that is still here.

[/ QUOTE ]

well said ma'am *bow*

A

Asmodi_Mhul

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Then it would be called Founding Day or maybe even Iantown's Anniversary. Founder's day would be a day that celebrates the Founders....hence the name Founder's day.
Either way, enjoy your celebration and lighten up. I was joking but I see you have very little sense of humor and like many Ianfolk....thin skin.

S

skypuppy

Nay i do have a sence of humor and not as thin skinned as you think. I just wanted you to know that you are still respected as a founding father of the town.