• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Founder Flags

• Thread starter imported_MattelMichele
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_MattelMichele

Yesterday i asked the shopkeeper from TSR Custom One (in EA-land), if he could make a founder flag, and today he has them in stock. Very nice Mr. shopkeeper....ver ver nice!!!

I

imported_MattelMichele

<blockquote><hr>

oh wow I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Go get ya one! They have several in stock

N

nobuttkisser

Did he ask the people at Maxis/devs if he could make and sell these flags?

ok so straighten me out.. what EXACTLY is this suppose to mean.... if its an attempt to show someone that you are a "founder" I'm not pleased... If this was the real world and not TSO/EAL, Mr. Shopkeepper would be looking at a nice lawsuit for copyright infringement..

It seems that people have gong to great lengths to prove to the sim world that they are (founders) which they are not!!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

If some noob wants to buy a flag and pretend to be a founder, I have nothing against it.
Can't imagine it being much fun to do that, but ya just never know what people find fun.

I

imported_rpsky3

<blockquote><hr>

ok so straighten me out.. what EXACTLY is this suppose to mean.... if its an attempt to show someone that you are a "founder" I'm not pleased... If this was the real world and not TSO/EAL, Mr. Shopkeepper would be looking at a nice lawsuit for copyright infringement..

It seems that people have gong to great lengths to prove to the sim world that they are (founders) which they are not!!

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, what does it really matter if a person wants to have a "founder flag" or not? I have been playing over 5 years and it is not bothering me any. Any anyways, when a person clicks on the CC item, it will show as a custom made item. They will know it is not from the game that gave it to them. It is all done in fun. It is this kind of pettiness that really needs to stop. Or Jealousy. If you want to have one.. get one.

G

im not a newby and i like em .... been around since dec 2002!!! I want one!!!

I

imported_MattelMichele

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

goodness! Well then please don't buy one, they also have pirate flags, flags from different countries, etc.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If he didn't before he submitted he did when he submitted. Nothing gets in game without them allowing it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If some noob wants to buy a flag and pretend to be a founder, I have nothing against it.
Can't imagine it being much fun to do that, but ya just never know what people find fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

And there have been fake founders since the first founder's account sold on.. errr... you know.

Let 'em keep their flags, I'd rather see the lag addressed.

G

Instead of having a founder flag why not have it as a flag that shows since you've been playing? Of course there are not guarantees that whoever buys it has been playing since that time but for the most part people are honest.

I

imported_MattelMichele

<blockquote><hr>

Instead of having a founder flag why not have it as a flag that shows since you've been playing? Of course there are not guarantees that whoever buys it has been playing since that time but for the most part people are honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why I asked to have the flag made, not because i want to "show off", but because i'm rather proud of all the years i put into playing the game. If some noob wants to buy them, who's to stop it; i certainly could care less.

on another note: The same shop might also design a flag for each of the retired cities, which i think is a great idea, too.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why I asked to have the flag made, not because i want to "show off", but because i'm rather proud of all the years i put into playing the game. If some noob wants to buy them, who's to stop it; i certainly could care less.

on another note: The same shop might also design a flag for each of the retired cities, which i think is a great idea, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I love the city idea !

G

They say that when all the cities are merged we should be getting a plaque stating were the sims merged from. Is this still happening?

I

imported_MattelMichele

Ohhh, now that would be cool! I hadn't heard about this, but i sure hope your right.

C

Carter'

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Calm down go get a chill pill most of these people are founders that have just quit and came back i know because i am one

M

master_of_none

I happen to be excited over my gift from my wife... a custom content founder flag! Yes, I'm a founder and proud of it... and don't mind flying with same as my USA custom content flag. To me, it is a collectable that has meaning to me personally.. and surely, others feel same. This flag hurts none, and shows pride to what we've been a part of.... sim til simland is no more!

I

imported_MattelMichele

Calm down go get a chill pill most of these people are founders that have just quit and came back i know because i am one

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahem, I never quit the game.

.....and to all the founders who have come back, WELCOME BACK !!!!!! Sure did miss ya, even if i never met ya.

G

I love these flags...but I personally am not a tso founder (came in right after beta) so I wouldnt buy one with a founder icon. However would love to buy one with my sim birth year just for fun and remembrance of TSO.

I

imported_SimTripps

Who gives a poop about the flags? They don't mean a thing, since any noob can get one made saying, 'Founder 2002' but could be lying and have only played since 2007 lol...

They're just a flag like any other ones they carry - like their country ones. They've made one that they know noobs will buy lol...