• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Founder Account - Lost everything

P

PernDragon

<font color="blue"> </font> I will have to admit that I had been toying about with the idea of doing away with my accounts but now, I think the choice has been made for me anyway. I had been not real active in the game in the last few months but had paid my accounts; etc and just kept thinking that things would change but, that's not been the case,nothing in the game has really changed.

I think what has really made me decide that I was withdrawing myself completely from the game was when I signed in on one of my Founder Accounts is the fact that all of my properties and belongings were gone. I had money, I had my toon but nothing else. It had taken me several years to accumulate some of the items,such as trees,canon and things of that nature and they are gone. So,nothing to keep me there I suppose. It's been grand and maybe some day, there will be another game that might keep me interested for as long as this one has.

Hope you all enjoy the game and that things improve, however, I haven't seen anything to make me stay now.

Later,
Terry,Ian Marks &amp; Michael Archangle

N

NightFlyer

Did you check your inventory? If your sim is still there chances are so are your things. Sans property.

P

PernDragon

<font color="blue"> </font> Everything was gone, oh well. No worries. One of these days, I might come back and visit but it's doubtful that I will ever play with any kind of regularity after this.

Thanks for the idea and advice in checking the inventory but it was all gone.

G

I believe we will have amnesty in EA Land so you will get everything back. Stick it out another month and see how that plays out. Also the devs have a store in TC3 where all rares (except pets) are available to see. Could be that we could go there for replacement items in the future. Time will tell, I would hang in there. Tho I'm really sorry about your stuff. Maybe you were hacked you should leave a PM for Parizad and see if she can help you.
GL

G

I had all those anniversary and founder's gifts as well, but as I found out I could recreate my sims on a trial account it means they do not exist anymore unless the removed the unique name restriction.

Fortunately I gave all my other stuff (and several millions) away so the only thing lost would be the unique founder and anniversary thingies.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="blue"> </font> I will have to admit that I had been toying about with the idea of doing away with my accounts but now, I think the choice has been made for me anyway. I had been not real active in the game in the last few months but had paid my accounts; etc and just kept thinking that things would change but, that's not been the case,nothing in the game has really changed.

I think what has really made me decide that I was withdrawing myself completely from the game was when I signed in on one of my Founder Accounts is the fact that all of my properties and belongings were gone. I had money, I had my toon but nothing else. It had taken me several years to accumulate some of the items,such as trees,canon and things of that nature and they are gone. So,nothing to keep me there I suppose. It's been grand and maybe some day, there will be another game that might keep me interested for as long as this one has.

Hope you all enjoy the game and that things improve, however, I haven't seen anything to make me stay now.

Later,
Terry,Ian Marks &amp; Michael Archangle

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is true (bolded), you should not have lost anything - contact EA.

G

When you get removed from a property for not paying your subscription you should still keep your possessions. When the sim gets wiped - then you would lose everything.

Is there any chance someone else has used your account? If not I would contact EA about this, something doesn't seem quite right.

Polly

I

imported_SimTripps

Ya really - if you kept paying for your account, and it wasn't idle, you should'nt have lost all your belongings.. I would advise to contact EA, but this won't get you anywhere lol... You're better off creating a sim in TC3, and visiting the Community Pub when it's on-line - that's where the game devs test/play, and maybe they could give you some 'inside' advice as to what to do...

M

Magnum

Im not surprised about the Founders account being whiped sorry that happened, I heard its happened to many players that had the founders icon.

I was just talking to a friend, he feels TSO is ending and they’re using our monthly fee to develope other PC games, you know they came out with another new sims pc game right. Think about it, all the updates that are really goin on is in the new PC games that go into stores.

Like I said before they’re saying they need money! They bought a 40bil company so I don’t think they need money that bad or is it they need moeny now after buying that company to keep them out of the red.

I dont see the merge happening anytime soon folks.

They’re not seeing my monthly fee anymore until the merge actually happeneds and the players are back in force playing again like before the announce of the merge.

G

You have it completely turned around, Magnum.

No one said that EA Games *needed* money.....they said that TSO needed to start turning a profit or EA would quit wasting corporate money to keep it open.

TSO has been operating at a loss, for several years.....they were not even collecting enough from our subscriptions, to pay for our own game, let alone anything else.

All of which was just to set the record straight.....it does not explain why the original poster's inventory was wiped.

A mistake in the payment or records would account for the property being wiped, if his account was mistakenly listed as closed, but that would not explain his inventory being gone, but not his money.

An unauthorized user seems to be the best match. Someone who knew he had rares and had or could get the password. Clearly this only happened after the merge/wipe for production cities was announced or all the money would be gone as well.

If I were the OP, I would be taking a close look at who ever had access to my passwords or computer.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

TSO has been operating at a loss, for several years.....they were not even collecting enough from our subscriptions, to pay for our own game, let alone anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

OT a bit: Has anyone seen the actual figures for this? I'd love to know the facts on this. I've heard it said that there was a shortfall, but I can't find any numbers.

On topic: You have nothing to lose by contacting EA, and by sending a note to Lee about your losses. Unless you really don't care and don't want to return to the game with your objects.

G

Being hacked..

I know a friend who had some kind of password breaker that finds out a password. Used it to get my password for my game (I keep forgetting the password! Ugh!)

I mean, he could just get hacked.

G

I'd love to know the facts on this.

The only way you will ever know is to get a job in EA's accounting operation and see for yourself. Or make friends with an EA accountant and get them drunk.
(Another possibility is Luc or Lee spilling the beans but how likely is that?).

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I'd love to know the facts on this.

The only way you will ever know is to get a job in EA's accounting operation and see for yourself. Or make friends with an EA accountant and get them drunk.
(Another possibility is Luc or Lee spilling the beans but how likely is that?).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, exactly. In which case I think we can believe or disbelieve the "fact" that TSO was operating in the red. What would EA consider being "in the black"? I don't understand why TSO was operating in the red -- what expenses could there have been? I resent being manipulated by being told the game wasn't paying for itself.

On Topic: Make sure you let us know what happens if/when you lobby to get your stuff back.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Problem with a hacker is they would also need to know the log on name too.

So if she was hacked, it was either a friend that had access to the login and password....or discovered the password. If she bought the account from ebay, the 'old' owner could have done it too.

Or a mistake on the billing.

If she knows for sure her billing was accurate and the account was being paid, she may want to take the opportunity to create a sim in TC3 and contact someone on the dev team at the community pub. Let them track down why this happened. If it's a glitch, it would well be worth having it fixed not only for yourself but for anyone else that may have this occur to them as well.