• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Found something Interesting...

• Thread starter Blade_Thugluv
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Blade_Thugluv

EA claims to be against Cheaters......

I logged into my account on UO.com to make some changes and i came across this:

Register your EA game!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Register your game now and get:
• A free cheat code or game hint for your game
• The inside scoop about your favorite EA games
• Full-care technical support

Platform: Game Name: Game not listed here?
Select Your Platform MacMicrosoft XboxMicrosoft Xbox 360Nintendo DSNintendo GameCubeNintendo WiiPCPlayStationPlayStation 2PlayStation 3Sony Playstation Portable Select Your Game

Notice anything? How about a FREE CHEAT CODE!!! *rolls eyes*

Yea i really believe EA is trying to stop cheaters now...

~Blade

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh come on!
A lot of console games have cheat codes written in to them, they're part of the game. It's not at all like cheating in UO.

B

Blade_Thugluv

im sorry but i dont trust a company that says its against cheating on any level but then offers cheats for some of their games. You cant stand against cheating in one game and be ok with it in another. Either your against it or your not. theres no grey area. Grey area= no trust.

thats like saying Scamming is bad and your against it but then you scam someone and say well its ok to scam this person but not others. what that proves is your not against scamming.

If ea was really against Cheating they wouldnt have this posted on their UO.com account page IMHO.

~Blade

B

BartofCats

so did you register your game?? Did you get your "code"?? hmmm?? Ill tell ya... the "hint" that i get from the games are so blatently obvious that the hint/cheat is so useless its not funny.

You should try it and get the "form response" its like a GM answer but in your Email.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you mis-understand what that ment. Having played computer games for well over 25 years, half the fun of the games was in finding out its 'easter eggs' as they are now known.

Alot of the 'cheats' you can get for older games only adjust certain things. ALL game production houses put cheats into thier games. MOST of them are to help development of the game. Otherwise you'ld be pretty annoyed having to play the game all the way to the end just to test an end graphic or something.

Most modern cheats are for hidden easter eggs, things like extra levels, or new graphics.

Besides, if you use a cheat code on most games now, you miss out on stuff and the game locks out the regular stuff.

Cheating on a normal console game is one thing (Hell you need to to get around the rubbish programming and the poor game design) and cheating in a multiplayer game are completely different.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Blade,

Just as others have mentioned, a "cheat" and a "cheat code" in this context are two different things.

You're taking the word cheat so literal that you're losing the distinction between apples and oranges. It is not a question of being black, white or gray... definitions are contextual, that is not being gray.

C

Coppelia

While the cheat/hints are not the same nature as UO cheats, it says a lot on the mentality of some gamers. For some people it's great to have a cheat code to have infinite ammunition, infinite cash in solo games. They feel proud to use them. But if that doesn't hurt anyone on a solo game, what if players with such a mentality want to play an online game?
Some of them will consider it as a different experience and won't cheat, but a lot will use hacks in FPS and/or cheating program in MMORPGs.

So... solo games editors may find it fun to give possibilities of cheats in their games, but it feeds a mentality that strikes online games. But I assume the different teams of development of EA are too seperated to bother about it.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't you know the "cheat" code for UO downloads a speed hacker and god mode code? It was well worth the 15 bucks...w00t...la