• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Found an annoying little bug

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might have already been found :) but trading a Crimson Fire Drake to a friend last night, when I hit transfer and targeted my friend both of our clients would crash. Repeated several times and had the same result. Traded several other pets and they worked fine. Repeated on two clients both me and both clients crashed every time a transfer was attempted.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
yeah its a bad bug my friend.. its from a certain action they take that over loads the area with to much data causing a crash... it use to happen a lot using them in open combat too.. sometimes trying to trade them makes them do that move that was suppose to be hot fixes and causes the same issue.. =* [

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
We appreciate your report. Please submit bug to bug@whoeverownsUOthisyear .c om

Please include the following information:

Facet the trade took place on.

The location the transfer took place - please include both X and Y complete coordinates, not just area name.

The exact skills and level of each skill on the Crimson Drake involved. In addition the stats on the Drake in question could also be beneficial in us replicating the bug.

The exact skill levels of both persons involved in the trade.

The exact number of trades both parties have been involved in over the last 18 months.

The exact moon phase in both Trammel and Felucca at the exact moment of the trade.

Once you have compiled the above information please re-submit your bug report so we can send you an even longer list of information you will need to compile in order for us to be able to send you our usual response of "working as designed". I mean we have implemented a few bugs just so you addicts will get frustrated, log off and get some sleep or spend time with your family.

;)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We appreciate your report. Please submit bug to bug@whoeverownsUOthisyear .c om

Please include the following information:

Facet the trade took place on.

The location the transfer took place - please include both X and Y complete coordinates, not just area name.

The exact skills and level of each skill on the Crimson Drake involved. In addition the stats on the Drake in question could also be beneficial in us replicating the bug.

The exact skill levels of both persons involved in the trade.

The exact number of trades both parties have been involved in over the last 18 months.

The exact moon phase in both Trammel and Felucca at the exact moment of the trade.

Once you have compiled the above information please re-submit your bug report so we can send you an even longer list of information you will need to compile in order for us to be able to send you our usual response of "working as designed". I mean we have implemented a few bugs just so you addicts will get frustrated, log off and get some sleep or spend time with your family.

;)
ANd that my friend is pretty much why I will submit a initial bug report and never follow up with it after it. Bug I find that are not exploitable I report and share publicly. Bug I find that are exploitable I report and tell only a handful of people about that can test it and make additional reports. Even then some of the very heavy exploitable bugs have gone half a year now without being fixed.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This was happening when the publish was first on Test Center. Kyronix verified and fixed it...looks like it's back or back in a different variation because I have had no trouble transferring a crimson since Kyronix fixed it before it went live.

And it was ONLY the crimson's that caused the crash, no other pet.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
And it was ONLY the crimson's that caused the crash, no other pet.
ON Sonoma this has been happening with the Crimson, Platinum & Stygian Drake's ever since it has gone live
when it began doing that, it would take me 5 times to transfer one to my husband (he kept crashing, I didn't)
then as the days went on, it has started crashing both of us
And it doesn't matter where you are at when you try to trade them

It got so bad a week ago, I had to put one on my vendor in order to give one to a guildmate
she kept crashing and it didn't seem like it was going to stop

It doesn't matter which client you use, it happens with both clients
And I have reported it as a bug weeks ago
also sent an email to Mesanna about it, so she would know its happening

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It has happened the last 8 times I tried to trade one, to several other people. I sent in a bug report to [email protected] and got back an awesome response asking for everything from my "secret word", to the last 4 digits on my credit card#, to the date I opened my account. FOR A BUG REPORT!!!! @Bleak @Kyronix feel free to PM me and I will give you the ticket number.