• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Forum Migration/Scheculed Downtime

T

Tazar

Forum Members: The Stratics Forums will be taken offline sometime during the evening of Saturday, June 15th, 2013 for a migration to a new server. We anticipate that service will resume sometime on Sunday. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding as we work to make Stratics even better. We'll keep you updated via our social media outlets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Forum Members: The Stratics Forums will be taken offline sometime during the evening of Saturday, June 15th, 2013 for a migration to a new server. We anticipate that service will resume sometime on Sunday. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding as we work to make Stratics even better. We'll keep you updated via our social media outlets.
*twitches* Nooooooo! Don't do this to me. How will I ever survive, you're going to force me to, f-f-force me to, actually talk to my family aren't you!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
*twitches* Nooooooo! Don't do this to me. How will I ever survive, you're going to force me to, f-f-force me to, actually talk to my family aren't you!
You can talk to me on Skype. :) ID: taylor.v.smith

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can talk to me on Skype. :) ID: taylor.v.smith
Thought i had you from when i was a reporter, but i had everyone but you. heheh

*struggles trying to learn to use Skype for Win8*

Last edited:

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Thought i had you from when i was a reporter, but i had everyone but you. heheh

*struggles trying to learn to use Skype for Win8*
You probably did, but my Skype ID changed (Dec 2012 timeframe)! :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Just be sure it comes up again :)

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And that you make multiple full backups ahead of time.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok list off how you took it apart and don't forget every move ..write it down.... and don't let flutter cut anything... crazy glue don't fix cables...

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We survived, and i even made it through talking to the family (I knew learning to sleep with my eyes open would come in handy)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks. Gonna fix now.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Thank you to everyone who manged this super fast migration, pretty fast loading times and found no Errors so far ;)
GREAT JOB!!!!
greets
Ron

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The main UO Stratics site seems to be down or partly down. Is this related to the forum move?
It's the smithing bod calculator I was trying to access, never had problems before.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The main UO Stratics site seems to be down or partly down. Is this related to the forum move?
It's the smithing bod calculator I was trying to access, never had problems before.
The calculator problems have been spotted and they're being worked on :)

Wench

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im getting a few server not found messages. does the cache need to be cleared? if so how does one do that.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im getting a few server not found messages. does the cache need to be cleared? if so how does one do that.
There's a guide that covers clearing cache on a lot of browsers [linky], also you can try clearing cookies too (or at least the Stratics ones) and see if that helps.

You can also try flushing your DNS cache if you're still having issues with it. Go into a command prompt and use the command "ipconfig /flushdns" (without the ""s) if you're in Windows, and for linux it's /etc/rc.d/init.d/nscd restart (as root)

If none of the above works, panic. No, just tell us what the issue is and someone who knows more than me will know the answer :D

Wenchy

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have noticed that all of my old stratics bookmarks now go to stratics.com. Guess I will have to recreate all of them??

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I have noticed that all of my old stratics bookmarks now go to stratics.com. Guess I will have to recreate all of them??
Which booksmarks? Post an example. Maybe we can find a better way.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had Uhall, Sonoma shard forum, Rares forum and Holiday trade forum all bookmarked. All of them now take me to stratics.com. I did re-bookmark all these and they seem to work fine.
I still cannot see myself logged in at all for stratics (though I obviously am to be able to post this).
I see no way to log out.
My buttons on top left for alerts, messages and such are all gone.

I'm using google chrome if that helps at all.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had Uhall, Sonoma shard forum, Rares forum and Holiday trade forum all bookmarked. All of them now take me to stratics.com. I did re-bookmark all these and they seem to work fine.
I still cannot see myself logged in at all for stratics (though I obviously am to be able to post this).
I see no way to log out.
My buttons on top left for alerts, messages and such are all gone.

I'm using google chrome if that helps at all.
My buttons are all there. Trying switching styles and see if that works. I'm running UOClassic.

Last edited:

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have fixed any bookmarks starting with community.stratics.com

Will update again as more gets done.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Update: I did as Viper09 suggested and tried another "theme". My buttons are back and yes I see myself logged in. But switching back to Default UOClassic again made all my buttuns and log-in/log-out disappear.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO2.stratics.com and its' news posts are fully functional. At the moment I am working on uo.stratics.com. Hope to have it up by this evening.

When I know more you will know more.

Thanks for your patience.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
new site looks so different. freaks out. lol but yay, I found uhall again!

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update: I did as Viper09 suggested and tried another "theme". My buttons are back and yes I see myself logged in. But switching back to Default UOClassic again made all my buttuns and log-in/log-out disappear.
What device are you using? I know that when I'm cruising this site using my android phone using the Default UOClassic theme that those buttons appear to be hidden. However, on my computer they show up just fine.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What device are you using? I know that when I'm cruising this site using my android phone using the Default UOClassic theme that those buttons appear to be hidden. However, on my computer they show up just fine.
I think someone posted on this problem before, it's a question of resolution/screen width. If I reduce the width of the browser window on my monitor the buttons disappear.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think someone posted on this problem before, it's a question of resolution/screen width. If I reduce the width of the browser window on my monitor the buttons disappear.
Makes sense given how small the resolution on my phone is. Doesn't bother me though, if I receive an alert or message on my phone I can still review it.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Still can't get on on my laptop.
I think they are trying to get rid of me.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
What happened to the uo.stratics.com subdomain? uo2.stratics.com works, but that isn't a very intuitive name.
We'll have to set up a redirect. It'll happen. :)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Load times for stratics.com/community.

Old server: 26.89 seconds
New server: 2.93 seconds

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
At last I got the forum to load.
On work I'm running IE8, it could show some of the forum, but without any style and I could not do anything, reply, log out or change forum style, I'm using UO Classic style.
At home, I'm using IE9, that would not find the forum at all. Then after deleting cookies, the forum came up, but when I logged in, it got an errow and would not work or load.
I had to delete cookies 2 times more before it stayed up after I logged in but it still have problems, then I click on a post, nothing happing before after several click.
I don't know if it is the UO Classic style, that have a problem. The problem with not being able to open a post or go back to the forum, had been there for months, on oth my work PC and at home.