• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Forum Down

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the interim till our main forums can be fixed...I am suggesting people post here.
Not quite as robust as our main forums but any port in a storm.

Last edited:

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, we're working on it. There's an issue on the host's end with database connectivity, and they're not really helping us out any. We'll get it all sorted eventually, even if it means switching hosts.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
1and1 is pretty credible. I'm genuinely surprised at the poor support.

Bet a complaint to the Better Business Bureau would get us some attention . . .

Last edited:

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here. I've sent two support tickets, and I'll be calling them again tonight when I get time.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah. The host is being completely useless. No understanding, nor any effort to understand, the issue. For instance, they said they can't move the site to a newer server, because it's in a physically different location.

Even though, you know, any of us can move the site to a different server in a different physical location....

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried calling in today and got a message about extraordinarily long wait times. I didn't have a lot of time myself, so I had to hang up. I think we just need to make other arrangements. This downtime is well-past ridiculous.

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think, tomorrow, I'm going to start working on something for us to get everything back up and rolling. It'll be a sub-domain of my company for now, just to get us going until we make a final decision on what's going to happen.

Last edited:

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've started the process of moving everything over. God willing we'll be back up and running late tonight or tomorrow (with the changes to DNS and vBulletin setup on my server taking the majority of that time)

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm about halfway through the process, and no surprises yet. Getting ready to start sorting out vBulletin.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Nicely done, Mad.

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting ready to start the NS changes. The vBulletin problems didn't really even manifest on my host. I imported the tables, changed the config file, disabled hooks, repaired tables and indexes, and it was up and screaming.

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All that should be left now is for the DNS changes to propagate and we're good. I don't think we'll see any issues with url mapping once it all goes through, you'll just stop receiving the Database Error when you try to go to our forums. Just a waiting game now!