• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

***FORGET*** the bullet train... when do we move!!!

N

nobuttkisser

forget the bullet train, when do we move lot, sim, and inventory. it is hard enough to make any NEW simoleans so it will be easier for me to get my property on my land in EA Land altogether!!!!!! that's all I want or need to know???

G

I'm not sure, but this post got me wondering if we will be merging this week too or if the poor man is just suffering from sleep depriavtion. *crosses fingers that its merging*

<blockquote><hr>

GregK
TSO Developer

Re: February 18th: Bullet Train Moves at 2 pm PST
02/19/08 01:47 AM

CC - Train arrived. Handful of passengers (6) didnt make it. I will investigate and re-run in the morning.

AV - still churning away. I will let it continue through night. The creation date of the sim will be corrected in the morning.

More trains will be running tomorrow and the rest of the week until we are all moved or merged.

I'm signing off until the morning.

Regards,
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not sure, but this post got me wondering if we will be merging this week too or if the poor man is just suffering from sleep depriavtion. *crosses fingers that its merging*

[/ QUOTE ]The impression I got was that the trains will be pretty much running non-stop now; but, it could also be sleep deprivation. I don't think many members of the EA-Land team have been getting much sleep lately; I saw Lee Fancey in EA-Land even at 1am PST (and, yes, he responded to IMs).

The transition may be fraught with frustrations for the players, but - believe me - the Devs are practically killing themselves trying to get all the pieces together and make everything work.

G

<blockquote><hr>

More trains will be running tomorrow and the rest of the week until we are all moved or merged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, we can hope.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The transition may be fraught with frustrations for the players, but - believe me - the Devs are practically killing themselves trying to get all the pieces together and make everything work.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT/E.

I *so* wish more players would remember this. With every update or bullet train thread, it seems more and more players are starting to see the devs as having about as much right to feelings and courtesy as the pinatas that we all beat on in the game. I realize a certain amount of the 'are we there yet?????' posts are good, because it means people are still 'chomping at the bit' to play the game, and are still jonesing every minute things are down, but by contrast those posts don't have to include sarcasms like "*grunts* it's been TWO HOURS since we heard anything, wtf are the devs doing, sleeping?!?!" (when it's midnight, bear in mind, when those who aren't insomniacs usually *are* sleeping)

Some players have made mention of 'all this money EA is making off of us, without realizing, or failing to mention at least that that amount of money isn't enough for the game to be turning a profit, so it's obviously not 'all that much' money. It might be a significant amount to us individually, especially those with 4+ accounts, but in the grand scheme it's a drop in the bucket, corporately speaking so that needs to be put into perspective some, IMO.