• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Force of nature broken on pets?

WonDumBaldGuy

Adventurer
Newly returned and playing with builds. Force of nature looks good on paper, but I noticed while using it my damage seemed to go down?
Want to report it as a big if I can get some confirmation. Tried it on a lesser hiryu, cu, and fire steed.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Shannow

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
the only thing i've seen it do is paralyze on the odd occasion.
There's loads of stuff wrong with descriptions vs reality.
Also, I'm even having problems with health bars not updating now

Shannow

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
does anyone know exactly how each one works/ doesnt work?
for instance this is what I believe regards special moves:

• Nerve Strike - Does normal damage + ~15 direct damage + paralyses everynow and then
  • Talon Strike - does normal damage (no damage increase) + HPR scales with ninjitsu
  • Concussion Blow - not tried it
  • Psychic Attack - not tried it
  • Armor Ignore - does as it says - ignores resists - not sure about 90% damage.
  • Bladeweave - not tried it
  • Feint - believe it works - seems to reduce damage taken
  • Bleed - does normal damage + ~15 direct damage
  • Crushing Blow - not tried it
  • Dismount - not tried it
  • Force of Nature - does normal damage (no damage increase) + paralyses on odd occasion
  • Armor Pierce - does seem to increase the damage of normal hits by 10%
  • Frenzied Whirlwind – does normal resisted damage to lots of targets, multiple times / hit
  • Mortal Strike - 1st hit does seem to do reduced damage, but a second mortal hit does not seem to do 130% damage.
  • Paralyze - not used it
  • Cold Wind – does about 6 damage to multiple targets - ie waste of time
  • Whirlwind Attack - not used it
regards special abilities, what I believe, for the ones I've tried is:
  • Conductive blast - halves energy resist of target for several seconds + small amount of damage on top of a normal hit
  • Grasping Claw - lowers physical resist a little (15%) + ~normal hit amount of damage
  • Inferno - lowers fire resist by a little (25%) + ~normal hit amount of damage
  • Repel - waste of time - not even sure it reduces damage taken or reflects anything.
  • Rune corruption - does half all resists for several seconds
  • Steal life - heals a fair amount of damage and does ~normal hit amount of damage. However against a hard hitter, pet tends to use this all the time rather than anything else and subsequently doesnt kill target very quickly.
  • Venomous bite - poisons nearby targets with level of poison equal to pets poisoning skill
  • Vicious bite - not seen this work, but only tried it once and not really tested it yet.
  • others - not tried

WonDumBaldGuy

Adventurer
Wow Shannow great info. What do the tamers think of making an official bugged specials thread? The intent would be to document our findings, save others the hassle of using non working specials, and copy paste bugs into bug report. Tamers have always had an influence on the game when United.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, there are a lot of useless abilities. Foundations: Pet Ability Breakdown | uo-cah.com there is a lot of good information here. Unfortunately, most abilities are useless. The main focus is chiv, ai, fzzww, rune corruption and cb. Armor pierce has its place in a group format. Other than that there isnt all the much utility. People like goo and poison blast to aid aoe. Dismount is more or less worthless now that u need to be dismounted for it to go off. Bladeweave -> to much variability to be reliable. Feint works for pets. I have yet to try it but im sure it could come in handy in the right scenario, might help at blackthorns. Bleed is useless in pvm and since pvp tamers are basically useless it has little purpose. Mortal stike has a bit of utility in pve but not worth it. Conductive blast is worth it as it lower nrg resist 50%. Rune corruption is worth it with a-50% overall resists. Inferno is a aoe -25% fire debuff, which is worth it. Grasping claw is just worth it with that stats u stated. People like venomous bite but im not over sold on it. Everything else really isnt used. I would love it if tamers got a bit of pvp love going for them. Spell weaving can create 5 pixies and comes with many spells. Taming cost 240 points with minimal pvp utility. Id love to see a pet that requires walking but is also a bit op and malleable in the pvp scene.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
  • Nerve Strike - worthless
  • Talon Strike - worthless
  • Concussion Blow - worthless
  • Psychic Attack - worthless
  • Armor Ignore - very good, probably the best ability. Drains mana fast.
  • Bladeweave - terrible. Pet uses random abilities, most of which suck/broken. Better to just pick Armor ignore.
  • Feint - works, makes a good tank pet. Might be good in certain situations.
  • Bleed - not a good ability. Cu's spawn with it. Very low damage.
  • Crushing Blow - worthless
  • Dismount - Maybe good in PvP, but pets are not really good for PvP. Hiryu's spawn with it. Mostly worthless on a pet.
  • Force of Nature - worthless/broken.
  • Armor Pierce - Can be good for group battles or mobs with low resists.
  • Frenzied Whirlwind – Very good ability. Local area damage.
  • Mortal Strike - It's just OK. Dimetrosaurs spawn with it. No damage output, just keeps mobs/players from healing.
  • Paralyze - Mostly worthless. If you had multiple people with pets that all have it you can pretty much lock down a mob/boss, but how often does that happen?
  • Cold Wind – worthless
  • Whirlwind Attack - It's OK, comes free with Bushido. FWW is better.
regards special abilities:
  • Conductive blast - Just OK, only use on pets that do energy damage.
  • Grasping Claw - It's OK, hiryu's spawn with it. Only good for pets that do physical damage.
  • Inferno - Pets use it a lot, it's OK, but armor ignore is better. Only good for pets that do fire damage.
  • Repel - Could be an OK ability, but only against mobs/bosses that dish out high damage. Worthless against weaker mobs.
  • Rune corruption - Beetles only, one of the best abilities. Great for group hunting to increase everyone's damage.
  • Steal life - Worthless.
  • Venomous bite - Pretty good, very similar to poison breath. Area poison.
  • Vicious bite - worthless. Does low damage over time.
  • Life Leech -Only available on pets that can get Necro (dread spider, ram, tsuki wolf). Very good ability IMO. Pets can heal through poison status.
  • Sticky Skin -Seems broken.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They work, they just do not do much damage.

AI,FWW,AP produce decent damage. Just the way it has been for 3 years.

Thats why we all build AI/Chiv when we can and use only a few pets that can not get Chivalry.

They are based on weapon abilities. We also use only a few of those.

WonDumBaldGuy

Adventurer
I've been playing with implosion +goo +FFW on a fire beetle. I'm not really seeing any increase in damage when implosion procs. Lore does not show a decrease either.