• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For those of you who whine about stealthers...

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, you are training detect/track now?

As someone who has twice as many characters on the shard as you do (with about 40 years total time) and several with hide/stealth and detect/track, I can tell you from experience, you are for the most part wasting your time.

You may be able to combat Rico with your skills, but that will be about it.

Edit: That is not meant to be a slight on Rico. It is simply meant to illustrate that tracking and detect can be somewhat effective against a solo thief.
i've been here for 3 years, and i know how to use track/detect(negate stealth). i've ran with t/d on my template for atleast 2 and a half years and i don't think i've wasted my time training/using those skills.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only arguement I have with this being unbalanced is the fact that the stealth skill doesnt have the same 8 second timer as the rest of the skills.

Can anyone explain to me how that is fair/balanced and has logic behind it?

I would be very interested in your theorys on this one.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do you care? You don't play UO any longer...la
Wrong, stop being a jerk. Im trying to rebuild the community. I just got 3 accounts maybe if you logged in you'd see me in game. But I understand you spend most of your time trolling the boards trying to get under peopels skin. Its ok, see ya in game buddy. :scholar:

M

MoonglowMerchant

Sure a person could walk around the game stealthed and never show. He would never die. Whoo-hoo.
My thoughts exactly.

That is why I'm not playing Siege atm. If Siege becomes a place where I can PvP again, I'd be really interested in that.

I'm not interested in fighting pets or people I can't see and there is waaaaay too much of that.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only arguement I have with this being unbalanced is the fact that the stealth skill doesnt have the same 8 second timer as the rest of the skills.

Very good point... but I don't think you will convince them of anything... most of the carry around a 12 ton dragon but talk about all the risk they take :lick:

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been killed by pretty much every kind of player because I take risks. I have also killed pretty much every kind of player... because I take risks. I play Siege because there is more risk here than on the Trammel shards. To enjoy the risks, I temper my enthusiasm with a heafty does of tactics. This means I sometimes shy away when I face a greater chance of losing due to the situation (numbers, etc). However, I play with a group which requires that I take even greater risks for my friends (as they do to help me).

As I mentioned earlier, there are a number of ways to get revealed in a heated battle, including running to keep up with the fight. Also, there is no way to effectively attack without showing (other than rez killing with a shadow strike - which I cannot do because I have no weapon skill).

Once showing, a stealth / tamer (like me) is at huge risk to a group of mages and necros (no parry / bushido / resist spells / or offense of much use). Try getting away from a group of determined KOC spell-casters intent on dropping you to get the dragon off the field. It is an intense experience.

Sure a person could walk around the game stealthed and never show. He would never die. Whoo-hoo.

Oh yes, I have run various templates with tracking and / or detect. I find it useful in a variety of ways.
That entire post was crap... YOU TAKE RISK? <---ROFL Ok ok let me get this strait... You run Hiding, stealth, ninja, and stealth around with a superdragon... Don't you dare talk about taking risk... lol

S

Sunchicken

Here is my complant.
I have 115 magery 120 eval. 235 total skill points
a hider can have 100 hide 80 stealth 180 total skill points.

I have no chance to reveal while using more skill points. That is unbalanced no one can say otherwise...

S

Sunchicken

And im going to have to agree with kage... Stealth + Superdragon= no risk
Maybe if your forced to be showing while yoru dragons attacking it will be risky but until then nope sorry take that junk elsewhere....

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is my complant.

I have no chance to reveal while using more skill points. That is unbalanced no one can say otherwise...
I'm not sure why the devs pretty much eliminated reveal, but back in the day...the problem I had with it was the range of the reveal. Personally, even at 120/120 with high intel, the reveal area should have been a 3x3 box, but I believe it was closer to 5x5 or 7x7 (I'm getting old, so I forget)...la

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is my complant.

Thats a silly argument. A paladin with 120 chiv can say, I have no chance to Sacred Journey, though I spent more points than that 70 point mage over there... who is opening gates and marking runes.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

Use your 115 magery to cast earthquakes or poison fields.

You are near legendary mage, and you complain about someone who isnt even gm in two skills.

If a mage has detect hidden on their template, they can use the reveal spell right? There isnt a timer on it as there is on the detect hidden skill, get fast cast and reveal all over the place. 'Wise Quas'

the mages 240 skill points give the best bang for the buck, in my opinion. You have offense, defense, teleport, night sight, summons, shape shifts, false identities, and a whole bunch of other utility spells, not to mention being the only class that can get around the world quickly with gate spells....you can even break line of sight with invisibility spell, we have to use smoke bombs.

We spend 180 - 220 points, and all we get to do is walk around unnoticed, we cant even run!

my offense and defense costs me more than your offense and defense.

yours - 240 points ( 360 if you add legendary resist )

mine - 510 points

100 hiding
_80 stealth
120 weapon
_90 tactics
120 ninjitsu

R

RichDC

I sometimes run this template:

100 hiding
_80 stealth
_50 Detect Hidden
_50 Tracking

It works, not very well, but it works... stop complaining, my offensive template suffers for having stealth, and it REALLY suffers when I add tracking and detect to it, so while I may have the advantage in being able to pick where and when I fight, my advantages are gone the moment I reveal, I am at a disadvantage then, as the person I am attacking has a full template set up for killing.
The success on tracking/detect hidden, from what i remember reading is down to the total amount of points you have vs the total they have

Examples:

100hiding 75stealth vs 100tack 100 detect...tracking/detect wins 175 vs 200 meaning an almost guaranteed track/detect (think its about 90%) if memory serves

100hiding 75 stealth vs 50 track 50 detect... hiding wins 175-100 meaning a much lower success rate (believe around 30%)

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The success on tracking/detect hidden, from what i remember reading is down to the total amount of points you have vs the total they have

Examples:

100hiding 75stealth vs 100tack 100 detect...tracking/detect wins 175 vs 200 meaning an almost guaranteed track/detect (think its about 90%) if memory serves

100hiding 75 stealth vs 50 track 50 detect... hiding wins 175-100 meaning a much lower success rate (believe around 30%)

That seems very accurate, according to the hassles I go through when running with such low skill....

It is always nice to find an AFK dragon tamer who has hidden and turned to rat form for another 20 point bonus... it may take a few tries, but I get them eventually! :D

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Again this must be said- every skill has not 8 second timer!!

Mage skills also utilize fast cast and fast cast recovery. Why do you not include that in stealth delay?

Have you difficulties with stealth players?

burdensrise

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its just as simple as KOC has no idea how to play a stealth counter properly, they would all rather not risk breaking there mage templates so in trade they do the one thing they are good at.

..Post on the boards about how it is simply overpowered and how bad it rocks them.

Lawl

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its just as simple as KOC has no idea how to play a stealth counter properly, they would all rather not risk breaking there mage templates so in trade they do the one thing they are good at.

..Post on the boards about how it is simply overpowered and how bad it rocks them.

Lawl
First you wanna join KOC because of how imature TNT is and you get in our vent hang out for a few days... then change your because the great Verum is coming back... Verum quits after a day you then ICQ me thinking I am going to ask you to join again... now you are back on the I hate KOC bandwagon... Pure comedy right there bro :)

Burdenrise [TNT] Coming soon....

burdensrise

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First you wanna join KOC because of how imature TNT is and you get in our vent hang out for a few days... then change your because the great Verum is coming back... Verum quits after a day you then ICQ me thinking I am going to ask you to join again... now you are back on the I hate KOC bandwagon... Pure comedy right there bro :)

Burdenrise [TNT] Coming soon....
Hmm, I could get into that pretty well with you but my only response is nice try to go off topic. Go sit on your high horse and feel like you and your guild are good. I will stand over here and laugh.

And no, I am guildless not even playing Siege currently. And trust me I had no plans to join KOC the first place I was just seeing how long I could push it.

S

Sunchicken

You are near legendary mage, and you complain about someone who isnt even gm in two skills.

Thank you for making my point for me i have more skill points involved, yet still cannot reveal with a spell specifically designed to reveal....

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Thank you for making my point for me i have more skill points involved, yet still cannot reveal with a spell specifically designed to reveal....
I didn't make your point... I'm not even sure you had one.

The fact remains that you are comparing two skill sets that arent comparable, at least in the way that you're wanting to compare them.

If you want to look at the skill sets honestly, then we should compare points invested for offense, and points invested for defense. The mage has both his/her offense and defense wrapped up in a nice little package of 240 skill points... how many other templates can boast that efficiency?

Your complaints are unjustified, and rather silly.

W

-Whiskey-

im sorry that this Stealth issue effects upon your gameplay. Stealth PWNS all skills! it allows you to one shot kill, jump multiple screens and packet push :D

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That entire post was crap... YOU TAKE RISK? <---ROFL Ok ok let me get this strait... You run Hiding, stealth, ninja, and stealth around with a superdragon... Don't you dare talk about taking risk... lol

Thanks for making me laugh. It is as risky as running with four x-healers.

How about a double-dare?