• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For those of you who can't read the Blog dated 1-18-08

G

EA-Land: Merges, Moves, and Production City infomation: Oh My!
Posted in Accounts, City Merge by lfancey on the January 18th, 2008
Hello Everyone,

With EA-Land now open it is time to communicate what has been on everyone’s mind along with other important details.

Between now and January 30, 2008 here is what you can expect.

New and Returning Paying Players: As quickly as possible we will resolve the issues with new and returning subscribing players being blocked from access to EA-Land.
Free Play: As quickly as possible we will have free play.
Moves: When the first two items are done we will open the “Bullet Train” from the TSO Production Cities. This will enable you to move from Alphaville, Blazing Falls, Calvins Creek, Dan’s Grove, East Jerome, Fancey Fields, Betaville, Interhogan, Jolly Pines, Dragon’s Cove, or Mount Fuji. These moves will be with out lots and with out Simoleans. I repeat the bullet train move from TSO Production Cities will be with “Lot Less” and “Simolean Less”. You will not be able to move from Test Center 3. (THESE MOVES DO NOT INCLUDE TEST CENTER 3)
Character Creation for TSO: Simultanious to enabling moves we will turn off the ability to create characters in TSO Production Cities. This includes “all” production cities. (Just to be sure you understand they are Alphaville, Blazing Falls, Calvins Creek, Dan’s Grove, East Jerome, Fancey Fields, Betaville, Interhogan, Jolly Pines, Dragon’s Cove, and Mount Fuji). This means you can’t create them in any of the cities I have listed above.
Merges: Once the “bullet train” is enabled we will start merging the cities. We have scientifically randomized the order of city merges. This is to say we put the names in a hat and drew them out and wrote them down. So with out further ado here is the locked in list:
East Jerome
Dan’s Grove
Calvin’s Creek
Alphaville
Dragon’s Cove
Interhogan
Fancey Fields
Jolly Pines
Blazing Falls
Mount Fuji
Betaville (Note this one was excluded from the drawing. The merge algorithm needs to be redone)
Cheers,

Lee

G

Thank you SO much for posting this Nars

I guess my main sim is going to have to take the bullet train, BF is a long ways down the list and I don't think I am patient enough to wait that long !

One question though, I'm interested whether once sim creation in production cities has been turned off, that means that sim move within production cities wil also be disabled?

Polly

S

Stick Figure

What if I were to transfer to East Jerome just to get in earlier =P Just a thought lol.

G

I'm wondering why they're shutting down EA Land? Anybody know?

Oh and I like the thought of moving to another city so I can merge sooner lol

M

mike1977

<blockquote><hr>

Thank you SO much for posting this Nars

I guess my main sim is going to have to take the bullet train, BF is a long ways down the list and I don't think I am patient enough to wait that long !

One question though, I'm interested whether once sim creation in production cities has been turned off, that means that sim move within production cities wil also be disabled?

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, mine too with 107 locks so I can be making money with him in the meantime. lol I'll just hold a house with another sim on another account and when it gets there transfer ownership back. he he

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm wondering why they're shutting down EA Land? Anybody know?

Oh and I like the thought of moving to another city so I can merge sooner lol

[/ QUOTE ]

woah woah woah, ea land is shutting down?!?!?!?!!

G

Where ya been that you werent aware of the money wipe? Properties are not being closed, they will merge with the sims, unless the player chooses to take the bullet train with will not bring the properties along. If we move to another city to merge earlier, again the properties will not move with the sim. The only way to keep your house is to wait patiently and merge or as Polly suggested have another of your sims hold it for you.

G

I am really confused.. When will the wipe be and the properties in ea land will be wiped as well? Or is it jusst a money wipe.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am really confused.. When will the wipe be and the properties in ea land will be wiped as well? Or is it jusst a money wipe.

[/ QUOTE ]

everything in EALand now is staying - as we have started with $500.

When they merge the other cities ino EALand the MONEY ONLY will be wiped.

S

swissmoonbeam

Wait, now I'm getting confused by reading all the posts....do we get to keep our sims and simoleons that are in EAland NOW? Or will they be wiped as well when the merge happens?

And a lot of ppl have been asking whether or not we will be able to keep all 3 of our newly created EAland sims?? Or will that depend on how many we have in the other cities??

Thanks...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wait, now I'm getting confused by reading all the posts....do we get to keep our sims and simoleons that are in EAland NOW? Or will they be wiped as well when the merge happens?

And a lot of ppl have been asking whether or not we will be able to keep all 3 of our newly created EAland sims?? Or will that depend on how many we have in the other cities??

Thanks...

[/ QUOTE ]

The sims we have now in EA-Land we will keep and will not be wiped. Sims "moving" into EA-Land will not move with a property - just as you cannot move properties from say JP to BF, you only move the sim (and all possessions). Sims merging with the cities will keep property. No sims coming into EA-Land will be bringing any money with them.

As for the slots, I would not use them all - they are spaces for your production city sims to merge/move into - at least that is my understanding. If you full all your EA-Land slots now, potentially you could have problems with sims are merged later. Hopefully someone will correct me, if this is wrong.

Hope that helps

Polly

S

swissmoonbeam

Thank you for clearing that up...one last little thing...sorry if I'm being repetative.

I heard (can't always count on that) that we will be allowed a total of 4 sims in EAland...including current production city sims. Therefore, if I currently have 2 production city sims....most likely i'll be able to keep the 2 EAland sims I created?? And I assume it is like tc3, my second EAland sim got no money, only the first....

Thanks again, sorry to be a pain...

G

No worries at all, far better to ask and know whats going on !

And yes I think you're right in thats how it will work

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks...

[/ QUOTE ]
This goofy "how many Sims will I have" question has been bugging me from the start. This question is for the devs (if possible).
Hypothetically, what is the sim distribution <u>when the cities are merged</u>, IF I have the following:
1.) 3 production city sims, 3 tc3 Sims, 2 ealand sims?
2.) 3 production city sims 2 tc3 sims, 2 ealand sims?
3.) 3 production city sims, 4 tc3 sims, 3 ealand sims?
4.) 3 production city sims, 3 tc3 sims, 3 ealand sims?

...and any other weird 'hypos' you can think of.

Thank you and pass the aspirin.

G

This is my understanding.

We will be allowed a total of four (4) sims in EA Land....however they get there:
Newly created.
Sim Move.
Merge.

If you have 3 production city sims, then it would *not* be advisable to create 4 new sims in EA Land....because I have no idea which ones would survive when the cities merge, if you have too many total sims.

What goes with which:

<u>Newly created sims</u> start with nothing, but §500.
(At the moment land can be had for as low as §300, but they will introduce dynamic pricing sooner or later)

<u>Sim Move sims</u> will have their inventory and skill locks, only. No cash at all...not even the starting cash new sims get, until the weekly subscriber bonus (§500) arrives.

<u>Merged production city sims</u> will have their inventory, their property (on their own city map) and their skill locks, but no simoleons, until the weekly subscriber bonus.

Hope this clarifies it for you.

G

Good question Donovan.....looks like there will be a conflict between production and EA Land....

Who will survive...production sim or EALand sim????

G

<blockquote><hr>

Since their are codes to get to Test Center 3 and EA Land, is there a code to get to just the production cities without having Test Center 3 sims showing up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you mean by 'codes', but if you are asking about .exe or .client files, that would be a question for the Tech Forum.