• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For the Ladies of Stratics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
El of La has graciously offered to send a few random winners some of her cog jewelry creations!

1. CLAIMED - no longer available.

4. CLAIMED - no longer available

5. CLAIMED - no longer available

Q: What do I do to enter?
A: It's simple! Just post your funniest in game anecdote, any title, in this thread for a chance at your name being randomly drawn. All winners will be announced here and sent a private message on our forums for mailing info.

Q: Do you need to be a lady to win?
A: Heck no! These designs are "geared" towards the ladies but anyone may enter.

Reply with:
Your in game name
Your funniest in game anecdote

Last edited:

twelch81

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My First Hunt, by Coral of Atlantic
Back in the days when Haven wasn't New, I met someone who helped me get some armor and weapons, so I could hunt mongbats. I stayed and hunted around Haven for a few weeks, then met another person who asked if I wanted to hunt with him. I hesitated, then told him I'd only ever been killing mongbats in my short life there. He laughed and said, "no problem, we'll go after ants." At this point I'm thinking to myself, "we'll, ants aren't too bad, right? How bad can an ant be?" I agreed to go along.
So, he pops a gate to a hole in the ground. After instructing me how to get into the hole, we make our way down the hall. Then I saw an Ant. OMG!! I turned and ran right back up through that hole. He joined me shortly after. I could tell he was laughing at me. I said "you didn't tell me those ants were as big as horses, you goof!" I need more time with mongbats and rats before trying something like that."
He assured me that he would help me out, so I agreed to go back down. Needless to say I made it through that experience, and I don't run from ants, or most other critters, these days.

Last edited:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in game name is DevilsOwn

this is a tale I very much enjoy telling.... over and over ;)

Some years ago a traveler came to our shard of Legends from Atlantic. He was looking to get his spark back, to find again his love of the game. After a time he had pretty much given up and called to me one evening, asking that I meet with him. He took me to his home and asked me to look in the boxes, and bone containers, strewn about.

"I know you like to collect things" he said to me, "and I have all these things and will be leaving the game. So I was wondering if you wanted some of these things."

I began to look thru the containers and he had some very fine things. Knowing I would feel guilty about gaining from another's loss I made him a proposition.... we would make some sort of game out of giving away his goodies. In the following days we held a 'Find Dev' contest where I would roam the lands carrying two bags stuffed with treasures. The person that found me would choose a color and would be given that bag. It was more fun than I have words for.. for us and the searchers.

The result of that little game? Uriah Heep stayed with us on Legends and became a very dear friend.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bastian Windsong of Chesapeake

It's pretty short but hilarious to me: I spent a few hours a few years ago stealthing around a Fel IDOC (18x18, everyone thought it must be full of stuff because it was really well designed and in a nice area, etc. People were dropping like flies, I can't remember what big PvP guild was "the guild" at that point that everyone watched out for, but it was after Ed McManus had moved on, maybe CHAMPS?

At any rate. I managed to avoid probably 15-20 reds for 4-5 hours (this was before everyone had it down to a science), their blue pals, when all of a sudden the house drops.

Completely empty.

So I dropped an 18x18 and jumped into customize mode within a few seconds, the only person to get anything out of the effort.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks to all the fun anecdotes listed for us!

El of La will be delivering earrings to everyone who shared their stories.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.