• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For old-tyme Ultima fans - which monster would you like to see added? :)

• Thread starter Evilminion
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
E

Evilminion

For those who've played the series from the start, UO is a great place to relive the battles of your past: ettins, headless, gargoyles, dragons... at the time, they were all very exciting fights. But some monsters didn't seem to make the transition from Ultima to Ultima Online.

Personally, I miss sand traps and dragon turtles. Anyone else wish they'd add back a critter from the past? :stretcher:

R

RedDaTeef

Gremlins-those things would steal yer food like that! *snaps fingers*

T

Tazar

For those who've played the series from the start, UO is a great place to relive the battles of your past: ettins, headless, gargoyles, dragons... at the time, they were all very exciting fights. But some monsters didn't seem to make the transition from Ultima to Ultima Online.

Personally, I miss sand traps and dragon turtles. Anyone else wish they'd add back a critter from the past? :stretcher:
I like the "mimic" from the early games. It looked just like a treasure chest till you got close to it. Then it grew teeth and tried to eat you. lol

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I kind of miss the Hydras from Ultima 6 (though the "quagmires" are close to what the hydras were... more of a plant based creature than snake.

Then there were the corpsers that were subterrainian, could move and swallow a character for a few rounds.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gremlins-those things would steal yer food like that! *snaps fingers*
Agreed. Too bad there wouldn't be much use for them considering how little food has to do with things.

As for my other picks.. i'd still like to see Seahorses (not only a cool idea, but a retro throwback), the Zorn of Ultima 1 (only good part of Odessey was that it was bringing them back), the Giand Squid, the Ethereal Beast (from BG), Nagas, and the Wildmen and Goblins of SI.

Might also be cool to see the nightmare creatures from the dream world of SI flapping around Malas (after that nice talk of the void surrounding it).

R

RedDaTeef

Pirates on pirate ships that can attack you and can be boarded in naval pvp.

A.Entreri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think it would be cool if they had that three-headed dragon from ultima 7.

K

kalzaketh

hehe, only ,8yrs here, but did read theuo books, and feel the juka waymasters might make life very interesting, they were very close to orc scouts, only very adept at blades of all types, they could write ascenario about avesper invasion rather than cove for ashort period of time they( meaning the dev's could institute an npc named gabriel montenegro from the books or bring in the archmagus who died in the brit sewers fighting a juka mage, sorry just some idea's that came to mind