• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For devs, New event

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I HATE PVP.
Now, i was at skara bank trammel and suddenly the bank was full of monster.
I've dead and then with the stuck help i went to Minoc. Well.. also Minoc was fukll of monsters and i've dead for the second time. WHY THE STUCK HELP WORKS FOR A RED TOwN??????????????????

BUT THE PLAYERS WHO DON'T WANT PVP CAN GO TO JEHLOM, OK?????
WHY I'VE DEAD IN 2 CITIES??????
This a ****!!!!
Now i close all my accounts. I hate this event.
I like only pvm and so i can't..................

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some times the invasion starts even without a Faction taking the towns. Especially in the evening.

L

love2winalot

It is just bad luck, and timing. Many years ago, during the Junka Invasion, a lot of players had no idea there was an attack, and they died inside the Inn when they logged in. There was NO being teleported to a safe area then.

No matter what, sometimes you are going to Die. Sometimes it is not your fault at all. I wonder how many people used to call and curse out their ISP provider when it crashed and they died because of it?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Help option really shouldn't be able to send you to invaded towns though, given the travel protections that have been put in place. Also that its designed to help when you're stuck.. not move you from one bad situation into another.

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have recalled to skara. No problems.
But when i was at skara trammel there was many many monsters!!!!
And in the menu stuck minoc was available and also in that citiy there was monsters. I'm very very angry.
This is not the way to make an event for who don't want it.
DEV's, NOONE ANSWER TO ME????
It's a bug?????????
I'm very bored. I say these words many times. But now it's the real time that i close my accounts. It's a shame...........

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try to relax a bit. Take a deep breath. These things happends.

Just try to avoid the 8 Virtue towns. There plenty of other towns to go to and stay safe :)

Take a little break, it just a game. Nothing to get upset about :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Why did you use help stuck if you weren't stuck?
Yes there are monsters in cities. The cities effected by the event have been announced. There is no PvP in any city that is invaded. IDK what your dislike of pvp has to do with the price of rice.
Stop abusing the help stuck option. Run as a ghost to a healer. Get ressed and be on your way.

D

Der Rock

I HATE PVP.
I've dead and then with the stuck help i went to Minoc. Well.. also Minoc was fukll of monsters and i've dead for the second time. WHY THE STUCK HELP WORKS FOR A RED TOwN??????????????????

This a ****!!!!

you close acc. because u die?
come on, there are enough save places still.
i can solo almost all monster in uo, but ast night i died 5 times in a row at the lich skeleton,lol, **** happens...

i have the total opposide problem as you :), we cleand skara last night, was realy fun,
the generals are fun, the books and weapons are great, but
after skara was clean, the next 2-3 h there was absolutly no invasion , and it was boring.

S

Splup

I have recalled to skara. No problems.
But when i was at skara trammel there was many many monsters!!!!
And in the menu stuck minoc was available and also in that citiy there was monsters. I'm very very angry.
This is not the way to make an event for who don't want it.
DEV's, NOONE ANSWER TO ME????
It's a bug?????????
I'm very bored. I say these words many times. But now it's the real time that i close my accounts. It's a shame...........
Wasnt you supposed to close your account after first thread already? Most of players want events so they can do something else then the same stuff from one day to another. If the fact that you can't use all trammel banks (leaves tokuno and and malas still total spawn free) is too much for you, just close your accs and stop WRITING WITH CAPSLOCK DEMANDING ANSWER CAUSE YOU LOST 5000GP INSURANCE MONEY.

If I don't want spawn I recall to luna, umbra or to tokuno, problem solved.

C

CatLord

Come visit Haven... it is always safe and merry.

About UO... adapt and move on.

:grouphug:

K

Katlene

i love the fact that she hates pvp and only pvm's yet is upset over all the monsters? :gee:

To have gotten to the first city, outside access is the only way.
If you log in there, you get teleported, if you recall there its either blocked or you get teleported.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh good grief.

And you wonder why we Siege players get mad at production shard players sometimes.....

So you died....

You have insurance anyway....

Can't you accept any element of risk in this game????

*cries*

PS. And I have no clue how to PvP either.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This a ****!!!!

Oki, this is how I would have handled the same situation:
'Now, i was at skara bank trammel and suddenly the bank was full of monster.
I've dead and then'..........I ran to the moongate and went to Makoto, Tokuno where I rezed at the healer's shop right by the gate. Then I went into the town to finish my banking.

Death does not = stuck.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no kiddin cry much you died get over it you crap was insured and if it wasnt that your own fault.. You are the definition of a true production shard trammy this is just to funny that you would even take the time to ppost this. this is a straight up cry thread

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I HATE PVP.

This a ****!!!!
The invasion of monsters in those towns has nothing to do with PvPing
,it has to do with PvMing.
There are no bugs using the Help I Am Stuff option, Minoc is a proper choice.
You should not be using that option for travel, it is used for players who are
truly stuck.
Everyone on all the shards are aware of the Event on going... and that includes
you!
Your view is an error.

*stares*

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i love the fact that she hates pvp and only pvm's yet is upset over all the monsters? :gee:

To have gotten to the first city, outside access is the only way.
If you log in there, you get teleported, if you recall there its either blocked or you get teleported.
my thoughts exactly

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe in the next publish they will make everyone in trammel yellow.

B

Black magick

I HATE PVP.

This a ****!!!!
This is hilarious... Do us a favor and quit then. Take one more cry baby out of UO. WAHHHHH I hate pvp, WAHHHH they are ruining my game play by sending me MONSTERS. Whats the matter? Can you only pvm if your in the right situation?

I

IdoBods

i'm actually a bit confused. He says that he hates PVP!! then go on to say he got killed by a monster.... DOH!

so he is dead, uses the help stuck option to go to Minoc - that will send him to minoc DEAD - how on earth did he die in Minoc from that invasion unless stupid enough to walk through all the monsters to the healer and get rezed amidst the invasion spawn.

And to complain about the help/stuck option when he was obviously using it for reasons other what it was set up to do (that is get sent to a town so he can get a rez vs being moved from a location where he was physically stuck and couldn't move) is pretty lame.

Since when did event monster spawn become PVP? Last I looked that was still considered PvM.

Finally, I would love to see the "event that is set up for those who don't want it".

Maybe invisible killer bunnies?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All replies here = QFT

The invasion has been going on for a while. You should know what towns are safe and which ones are not. If you like PvM then you should know that death is a part of this game. Res, heal, loot your corpse and go somewhere else. PvP is not exactly the reason you died, it is the reason that the spawn came there. But it was not deliberate. It's the monsters who killed you. Get over it and move on is all I can say.

S

sayler04

Everyone says UO is dying and THIS is why. THIS is how the game works. You play, you die, sometimes things go well, sometimes they don't. And we all do it from time to time. Whether we're complaining that the help/stuck system got us killed when we exploited it, or complaining that one skill is better than another, or complaining that X has an unfair advantage over Y, and then we throw a tantrum and say we're quitting. To be good at this game AND to enjoy it, you have to take it as it is, flaws and all, and make the most of it. If you want everything to go your way, play some linear single-player console RPG that you can buy a nice safe guidebook for at walmart.

Some people say god created the world in seven days a few thousand years back. Some say the world was created over millions of years. If neither god nor the universe can create a perfectly fair world that makes everyone happy all the time in anywhere between a few thousand and many millions of years, why would anyone think that a team of devlopers can create a perfectly fair world that makes everyone happy all the time in just 11???

M

Mythic

"I hate PVP" Uh Banking and uhm Guard zones (you know cities and the like where banks are located) are well Guarded so I really dont get the "I hate PVP" What does that have to do with dying in Tram, Oh dam I suppose though that our friend here would problobly end up banking In Bucs and get offed anyhow. Im sorry I just reread my post and I cant make sense of it, It is pretty hard to follow isnt it? I thought I was supposed to get better at uhm thinking when I quit smoking. I just noticed I ramble more then ever LOL
Id say our friend here needs a hug and a cookie.