• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tinkering] for anyone who was wondering

• Thread starter imperterritus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imperterritus

I didn't know, so I had to check it out. Yes, an arms lore check is made when crafting the gargish earrings or necklace. So there's a couple more cheap items to make in building skill in both tinkering and arms lore.

* Gargish Earrings -- 55.0 base skill, 3 ingots
* Gargish Necklace -- 60.0 base skill, 3 ingots

O

Old Man of UO

I didn't know, so I had to check it out. Yes, an arms lore check is made when crafting the gargish earrings or necklace. ...
Does arms lore give a bonus when making these, as we get for armor and weapons?

I

imperterritus

Yes, Arms Lore adds to the attributes. My craftsman's Arms Lore is currently at 64.6, and her Tinkering is at 92.5. Here are stats off two necklaces she just made:

Plain Gargish Necklace
* Physical Resist: 1
* Fire Resist: 2
* Cold Resist: 2
* Poison Resist: 2
* Energy Resist: 3 (total 10)

Exceptional Gargish Necklace
* Physical Resist: 4
* Fire Resist: 4
* Cold Resist: 4
* Poison Resist: 10
* Energy Resist: 6 (total 28)

It appears that the exceptional bonus adds 15 attribute points, and her journeyman-level Arms Lore added 3 more. It will be 5 when she achieves GM Arms Lore.