• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Followup for "The Fall of Magincia"

• Thread starter Lings Bro
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lings Bro

Rebuild some of the public buildings -bank, stores, etc -but combine a number of shops in the same buildings like Luna.

Plan in as many private spots as possible - (maybe even design a few multi unit dwelings) - Ocean front condo's so to speak ---- Private rooms above the tavern that can be traded - there are hundreds of possibilities...

Plan a development from the old town to the corrupted gate - I mean do some decent and very cool planning here! I have seen some great work by Devs before - so I know you have it in you.

AUCTION off the lots-private rooms-fancy houses-towers- whatever you come up with. I have a feeling this would go down as one of the biggest events ever in UO.

Give it some thought -----

And if it works - the concept can be moved into other towns - There are many empty "rooms" going to waste - like the row of rooms near the Brit bank - open up these spaces and let the players buy/sell/decorate them.

*Sorry I mentioned gold -it appears to take the FUN out of this for some people.
This would be Fun and I am sure many would enjoy the end result for years!!!

U

uo_kaladin

<blockquote><hr>

Rebuild some of the public buildings -bank, stores, etc -but combine a number of shops in the same buildings like Luna.

Plan in as many private spots as possible - (maybe even design a few multi unit dwelings) - Ocean front condo's so to speak ---- Private rooms above the tavern that can be traded - there are hundreds of possibilities...

Plan a development from the old town to the corrupted gate - I mean do some decent and very cool planning here! I have seen some great work by Devs before - so I know you have it in you.

Now the gold sink part - AUCTION off the lots-private rooms-fancy houses-towers- whatever you come up with.

I am sure that I do not have enough UO gold to even come close to getting some of what you could develop - but I have a feeling this would go down as one of the biggest events ever in UO.

And if it works - the concept can be moved into other towns - There are many empty "rooms" going to waste - like the row of rooms near the Brit bank - open up these spaces and let the players buy/sell/decorate them

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a good idea. They key word here is "development." I'd bet their schedule is already full.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
screw that I want to place a house in the middle fo where the city use to stand

S

Seismic

<blockquote><hr>

Now the gold sink part - AUCTION off the lots-private rooms-fancy houses-towers- whatever you come up with.

I am sure that I do not have enough UO gold to even come close to getting some of what you could develop - but I have a feeling this would go down as one of the biggest events ever in UO.

And if it works - the concept can be moved into other towns - There are many empty "rooms" going to waste - like the row of rooms near the Brit bank - open up these spaces and let the players buy/sell/decorate them

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this idea!

L

Lings Bro

Devs dont have time?

This may work out better- Let Guilds or individuals do the actual placement and building design. - Give us 90 days and the town will be ready for auction!

Nobody can keep their house - but maybe a Guild blessed "super slayer" (as in bonus damage against everything) - as a prize for best design or highest price brought in at auction?

M

MYUO

Making Magincia a town of duper/scriptors? They have the most gold in UO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Making Magincia a town of duper/scriptors? They have the most gold in UO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes....and then blow it up again!

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear god, why must everything become a "gold sink?"

The only people who can typically afford the stuff that the gold sinks offer are people who have a perpetual amount of gold.

It does not help the economy. It only screws over casual players.

L

Lings Bro

Stop worrying about the Gold -sorry I mentioned it --

I can't think of a better use for this wasteland.

Tho a temporary use could be - releasing some of the Super dragons there

G

<blockquote><hr>

AUCTION off the lots-private rooms-fancy houses-towers- whatever you come up with. I have a feeling this would go down as one of the biggest events ever in UO.

And if it works - the concept can be moved into other towns - There are many empty "rooms" going to waste - like the row of rooms near the Brit bank - open up these spaces and let the players buy/sell/decorate them.

*Sorry I mentioned gold -it appears to take the FUN out of this for some people.
This would be Fun and I am sure many would enjoy the end result for years!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Some good ideas. I would like to see crafters involved in rebuilding the town, however. The more effort that is put into it by the crafters, the better it looks.

G

I say leave it as is.

Desolate.

Or rebuild it so it looks like ruins and not just a flat wasteland that the rubble collectors greed did.

Navigating that jungle to get there was a pain in my ass anyways. And It was unused aside from scripter's anyways.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Tho a temporary use could be - releasing some of the Super dragons there

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a cool idea. Dragon Island!
Leave the ruins... simple storyline... dragons fly in from the sea and take refuge in the desolate wasteland. Boost these dragons and leave the rest alone.

Im opposed to opening it up for the mega-rich to place their 10th house. Also, with all the towns that are basically deserted, we really dont need the town rebuilt.

The idea about having apartments that folks can decorate and rent appeals to me. If the renter runs out of gold or misses payments then the apartment takes the next resident on the list. Plus the house would provide some extra storage for players that don't have a house. Perhaps the same as a bank vault.

Just like there is a stable master... have landlord NPC. By "evicting" absentee or non-paying players it gives everyone a fair chance to use the space. By having folks living right in the town... it will make the area vital and a cool gathering spot.

Safe Travels, Sam

R

Redrum1

Well try this. Anyone interested in one of the spots will get one ticket. A limited number of tickets will be GIVEN away and when they are gone they are gone. The tickets will not be able to be sold to the highest bidder and the winner of that spot cannot resell it. If the char no longer wants the home or room it goes back to Ultima. While we are at it, build a market place! where crafters can have a shop and sell there wears. Like one big flee market, but build for crafters by crafters. And have a contest where people can vote for best looking shop or space and that crafter gets an ubber gift(say a real cool " My shop was the best" banner deed with the chars name on it. Something to show off and brag about. Hey, it won't happen but it would sure be alot of fun if it did. I would work night and day on something like this. A true " Player Run Town"

G

That's alot of unecessary coding for a town nobody really went to in the first place.

I just don't see it being worth the effort.