• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Follow up: Is this looted weapon a good candidate?

TrackStar

Journeyman
Is a weapon like this, with high property values but few of them, a good candidate for upgrades?

If so, what would you do with this?

Attachments

TrackStar

Journeyman
Or this... is this just trash?

Its got good stuff on it but not enough stuff... is there nothing I can do with this?

Attachments

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Or this... is this just trash?

Its got good stuff on it but not enough stuff... is there nothing I can do with this?
I think it's far too subjective pvp vs pvm plus so many builds the weapon can have great mods but not goid specials or too slow if you are wanting for yourself then use what seems to work for you if you want to sell look at the expensive stuff on VS and see what mods they have I'm thinking splinter for pvp etc

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Is a weapon like this, with high property values but few of them, a good candidate for upgrades?

If so, what would you do with this?
This weapon can be unravelled, nothing else.
To learn what a good weapon is you need to learn imbuing and reforging. Make some stuff, sell it.
You will find mods you can imbue, ones you only can reforge and ones you only can loot. You will learn imbuing capacity and it's difference for crafted, looted, 1h and 2hand weapon.
Good PvM weapon is either legendary with all useful mods (very rare) or magic with 1-2overcapped mods (not rare but you need to loot all mobs you kill) and useful special moves. It is all for some weird only to try templates. Most of sampires go with reforged and imbued weapon. It is reliable and you can make all slayers be same for easy weapon switching. Without need to carry 4-5 suits.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Personally, I don’t think weapons having stat bonus or regen are good as those attributes are a waste of property slots. Stuff like that should be on your suit, imo.

Generally speaking, I like weapons with hit effects/leaches, SSI, HCI, slayer, DI. It gets more nuanced than that due to preference and what the character needs, but if a weapon has anything besides these kinds of properties, I typically don't want it for anything.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just look at people's paperdoll mist sampire will have ax with slayer type of appropriate damage type with hit mana leech stamina leech life leech hit lower defense then hit spell effect if room left .they will have used a whetstone to remove the damage increase if not axe then bladed staff

TrackStar

Journeyman
Just look at people's paperdoll mist sampire will have ax with slayer type of appropriate damage type with hit mana leech stamina leech life leech hit lower defense then hit spell effect if room left .they will have used a whetstone to remove the damage increase if not axe then bladed staff
I'm still getting my game knowledge up to date..

But I guess sampire builds don't want Damage Increase on their weapons because they need room for other stuff?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm still getting my game knowledge up to date..

But I guess sampire builds don't want Damage Increase on their weapons because they need room for other stuff?
Correct it's easy to get 100% damage increase on your suit removal from your weapon allows another mod

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah I just keep DI on my weapons because I haven’t reworked my suits to that level yet.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
in general, throw away any weapons with “antique”. These wear down very fast.
same goes for armor.
certain exceptions exist, like VVV items.

if you have > 5 mods, you cannot imbue other properties. 5 is the limit. There is also property weight to deal with.
the most you can do is enhance (lookup forged metal tool).

MR on a weapon is usually a wasted slot. However, for a mage, having a 1handed mage wrapon -15, sc, MR9 , can be helpful.