• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FOF Questions From Tamers, Crafters, Bards, and Basically Everyone Else

M

MYUO

From Tamers: How are the stats/resists/skills of animals and monsters (including tamables) generated? Are they gernerated separately? In other words, is it possible to have top stats/resists/skills on the same animal/monster, or there is a hiden cap preventing this from happening. Can we use the greater dragon as an example? It will be great the examples include rune beetles and cus.

From Crafters: Do the mod intensities from runic made armors/weapons still have a linear distribution? For example, barbed runic kits make items from 50-100% intensity. does 100% intensity happen as frequent as 50%, 60%, 70%,80% 90% intensities? Do all runic hammers/kits/saws/tools follow the same rule? A few years ago, after a long debate, the distribution was changed to linear (same chance for the entire range of intensities), Just wanna confirm it is still true and true for all runics.

From Bards: the skill guide on uo web site claims discrodance lower stats and skills for all discorded animal/monsters. Do the "stats" include resists? I have seen the monsters taking 10-20% higher damages after being discroded so I guess resists also dropped by disord. Need confirmation.

From everyone else: since the npc vendor price changes, the npc prices on resources (arrows/bolts/ingots) have increased well above the pre-change level and even higher than the "market" prices. Is this intended so the NPC will be basically out of the picuture of UO economy or there will be a more permanent change to NPC pricing? Also, don't forget that NPC in the Doom gauntlet.

C

Cygnas

Can someone post the official link for submission to the FOF, please? I forgot where it is

FOF requests should be sent to EA/Mythic if you really want it included in the discussion, not just here.

M

MYUO

I would like to know that official link too. But I am sure Jeremy will read this as well.

G

<blockquote><hr>

From Bards: the skill guide on uo web site claims discrodance lower stats and skills for all discorded animal/monsters. Do the "stats" include resists? I have seen the monsters taking 10-20% higher damages after being discroded so I guess resists also dropped by disord. Need confirmation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant you log on test shard, lore something before/after you discord it and check?

Im tired of wasting 1/5 questions on freaking discord.

G

<blockquote><hr>

From everyone else: since the npc vendor price changes, the npc prices on resources (arrows/bolts/ingots) have increased well above the pre-change level and even higher than the "market" prices. Is this intended so the NPC will be basically out of the picuture of UO economy or there will be a more permanent change to NPC pricing? Also, don't forget that NPC in the Doom gauntlet.

[/ QUOTE ]

There has allready been an answer to that...

G

Just the good old ophidian items and blackrock future use question. Are they garbage and deco or are we going to see something happen with them?

M

MYUO

<blockquote><hr>

There has allready been an answer to that...

[/ QUOTE ]

They only talked about possible tweak to the doom vendor but didn't say anything about long term fix for other npc vendors. Excluding NPC vendors from UO economy for the purpose of fixing exploits is not the right way of doing the job. Under the current NPC pricing rule, the NPCs basically set a ceiling on prices player can sell to NPC and a floor on prices player can buy from NPC. Unfortunately, the ceiling and floor were based on the prices set 10 years ago.

Here is the oringal FOF answer:

Missing patch note + explanation:

Some folks have noticed a change that didn't show up in the patch notes - the omission was intentional, as it was a fix for a particularly nasty exploit. However, it does have some gameplay impact, so we'll explain it here. The note itself:

- Commodity item prices changed so that the sell price is never greater than the base price, and the buy price never drops below the base price

What this means is that vendors now have a "base price" for commodities - they won't sell those items for less than that base, nor will they buy the items from players for more. Prices will still fluctuate depending on how many of those commodities have recently been bought or sold, but players won't be able to make a profit by finding a vendor with a low sell price on, for example, arrows and selling them to a vendor with a high buy price.

We are aware that this impacts the Doom vendor and healer rather more than the others, and we'll be looking into tweaking them for the next publish.

M

MYUO

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant you log on test shard, lore something before/after you discord it and check?

Im tired of wasting 1/5 questions on freaking discord.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, the discord question is a bit of waste. Here is another question from bards:
What is the barding difficulty for players and other NPC who can't be lored? Does hit point affect barding difficulty of players the same way as on other monsters?

T

Tazar

OK... Tell the truth! Is this really Jeremy... or Bob in disguise?

lol

Hope you enjoyed the vacation!

M

MYUO

<blockquote><hr>

Front page, main nav, "Feedback" - link here for convenience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Jeremy. Do you still take questions from this forum or you only answer questions from feedback?
Nevertheless, I submitted the above questions through feedback.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Front page, main nav, "Feedback" - link here for convenience.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ohhh someone lost a bet!

I

imported_Tina Small

I'd like to start getting some hints about the changes to factions that are supposed to happen in the next publish. Some news might help keep the momentum going for the Atlantic factions event.

It would also be nice to get some kind of reaction from the developers to the many requests to slow down the shard-level decay rate for the points in the community collections, especially the zoo.

Another issue that I believe a fair number of people would like to have addressed is why it is currently so difficult to enter into or quit alliances among guilds. (There's a recent thread about it floating around in UHall somewhere.) Seems like the diplomacy system has some bugs that GMs can't overcome and the typical response to a request for help is to submit the problem to the "bugs" team, with no promise of any kind of status update.

G

The factions stuff hasn't hit QA yet, which is why there hasn't been an update - Draconi's been traveling, so that side of the schedule has been a wee bit messy. It may slip out another publish, unfortunately.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

<blockquote><hr>

The factions stuff hasn't hit QA yet, which is why there hasn't been an update - Draconi's been traveling, so that side of the schedule has been a wee bit messy. It may slip out another publish, unfortunately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Factions stuff?

Is there something in the works? Did I miss something? Anyone know what it is?

Welcome back Jeremy.

-Galen's player

G

<blockquote><hr>

Factions stuff?

Is there something in the works? Did I miss something? Anyone know what it is?

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't seem to find a reference, but I'm sure I read that there were going to be two rounds of factions-love, one with just a few tweaks before the big Atlantic factions event being planned, then a larger pass based on all the accumulated feedback .

G

<blockquote><hr>

Seems like the diplomacy system has some bugs that GMs can't overcome

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a few. For several years now we've had a yew guild stuck half in an alliance. According to their guild info, they are in it. According to the allied guild info, they are not. They can't be added, it doesn't work. They can't be dropped, they don't show as a part of it. People in allied guilds can hear their alliance chat, but they can't hear anyone else's. They are not highlighted as being allied.

Been trying for many years now to get someone to do something about that.

G

there like only two people working on EA's UO..
what.. do you expect, your 14$ a month to matter?? it doesn't because it goes right into the back pockets of EA not the game.