• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FoF questions for Friday 15th

B

Beastmaster

Heartwood Runic Quests, since you're looking at them - Can you answer definitively whether the rewards are tied to the actual quest selected or to the quest giver? For example, if a trinket weaver offers both the Arch Support quest which requires foot stools and the Far Eye quest which requires spyglasses, will that trinket weaver give runic saws as well as resilient bracer recipes no matter which of the quests you choose? Or must you do the carpentry type quest to get the runic saw and the tinker type quest to get the bracer recipe?

I suspect its the latter and that is probably what most of us have been operating on, but with the rarity of runic saws its very tough to prove. A peek at the code should settle it for us. :thumbsup:

C

Coranthe

Could we maybe get the current odds of getting runics in Heartwood while you're at it? And, if you're planning to change them, what to?

A

Amathist of PoC

As it is a hot topic at the moment can it please be made clear if it is acceptable or not to advertise a GUILD website in game with the purpose of recruiting or if they are considered banable like trade websites or certain words....can we have it totally cleared up as in CRYSTAL clear with no way to miss interpret what we can and can not get banned for.

S

Sunrise

also I been drinking the same water down rum for 10 years now. 1 will there ever be elven wine you can buy? and 2..when will my rum tolarance finally go up? Heck half of bottle of rum and Im under the table. WTF?

L

Lord Kynd

As it is a hot topic at the moment can it please be made clear if it is acceptable or not to advertise a GUILD website in game with the purpose of recruiting or if they are considered banable like trade websites or certain words....can we have it totally cleared up as in CRYSTAL clear with no way to miss interpret what we can and can not get banned for.

i hope this is banable also, i'm soo tired of the books LLTS is allowed to drop everywhere cluttering up the game, so make them banable also in case they took there site out.

Faith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MY QUESTIONS -PLEASE CONSIDER-

How is deathstrike damage calculated exactly (skill level wise, what skills, every circumstance that would affect the damage output)

J

jelinidas

My vendors request a few slot machines placed in my mall. They agree to only play on their breaks and not use my gold that they are holding. I agree to give EA a cut in the action, lets say 25% of profits?

Win/win for everyone! No more bored vendors. Heck, sales might even increase because they are now motivated to sell. They do work on commission, right? I win with increased traffic, happy motivated vendors and EA gets a cut. er, hmmm, A Commission! That sounds better!

Lets face it. Vendors have a pretty sad life. Im just trying to help.

OK...my real question is: Can we please get some sort of gaming in the game we love? The possibilities are endless to the RP community and merchants. Again, Win/win !!!

M

Mechanic

MY QUESTIONS -PLEASE CONSIDER-

How is deathstrike damage calculated exactly (skill level wise, what skills, every circumstance that would affect the damage output)
DAMAGE IS CAPPED AT 60 (if they run) & 20 (if they stand still).
If you stack a second deathstrike attack, the caps change to 70 (if they run) & 30 (if they stand still). (IMO the extra 10 damage isnt worth another 30 mana.)

Note: The 5 sec damage is unaffected by choice of weapon or level of tactics/anatomy (you can even use wrestling).

In PvP Death Strike can be used to put your enemy in a dilemma: run and take 40 (up to 60 with tracking) or stay toe to toe with you and take 13 (up to 20 with tracking).

The stealth changes have made the formula for death strike damage a little cumbersome. Here are some examples:

0 hiding and 0 stealth = 12 damage if they run (elf) [not including tracking] (a human does 17 because of the free 20 in hiding and stealth)

100 hiding and 80 stealth = 34 damage if they run [not including tracking]

100 hiding and 120 stealth = 40 damage if they run [not including tracking]

TRACKING SKILL
Tracking can give a damage bonus to your first deathstrike attack. The bonus is based on the distance between where your opponent was standing when you tracked them and where they are standing when you attack them. The greater the distance, the greater the bonus.

It does not take much tracking to track players that are near you. (I have 5 tracking, but I have heard you can track players with just 0.1 tracking skill.) If the players have hiding/stealth it will take a MUCH higher tracking skill to track them reliably.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how bout, can we get a shard wide dueling event like the old days, ran by a gm?:)

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrr, I done gots a couple:

1. Be it a known issue that usin' a pet ball while it is in a secured container will eventually cause the container to disappear along wit' its contents?

2. What done caused me magic wands with Spell Channeling and no FC penalty to gain the -1 FC penalty, and when did this occur?

Thank ye kindly.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i hope this is banable also, i'm soo tired of the books LLTS is allowed to drop everywhere cluttering up the game, so make them banable also in case they took there site out.
Considering that guilds are allowed to enter a guild webpage that is posted at uo.com, I think this would be a very lame decision. Wouldn't this just change the books to "Go to our guild page at uo.com?"

B

Beastmaster

Bumping this thread since they didn't get answered on the 15th.