• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FOF Question....Fix This PLEASE!

K

keysersoze

This is such an annoying issue, and bear with me if you have heard it before...

Why do I have to wait for a character to 'TIME OUT' when he has done nothing more than stand at a bank, or in a house, with no War Mode on. I have mistakenly logged in on the wrong character....realized it, and logged out in literally 2 seconds. When i go to log in on the character i originally intended, i get the Blah, Blah Blah message about waiting to an existing guy to time out....WHY??????????

I understand the War Mode and being targeted stuff....I get it. But when a character is doing nothing more than checking a balance in the bank, or moving around in the house.....what is the deal?????

And I have tried the "log back in move around" stuff...doesnt work.

Devs/jeremy/whoever....please address this.

Ok...sorry for the rant....feel better now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why do I have to wait for a character to 'TIME OUT' when he has done nothing more than stand at a bank, or in a house, with no War Mode on. I have mistakenly logged in on the wrong character....realized it, and logged out in literally 2 seconds. When i go to log in on the character i originally intended, i get the Blah, Blah Blah message about waiting to an existing guy to time out....WHY??????????

I understand the War Mode and being targeted stuff....I get it. But when a character is doing nothing more than checking a balance in the bank, or moving around in the house.....what is the deal?????

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I got this problem too, been going on for several months for me now, we got an ETA on a fix, devs?

F

Flanuva101

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It is annoying at times agreed, but there is an easy fix. Log off all your characters either in a Tavern, an INN or at a house to which you are at least friended. If you do this, you can log in and off whatever character you like, whenever you like as long as you return them to the safe place. Now, in the case where you were fighting and want to change chars, you have to wait the full timer period.

Hope this helps

K

keysersoze

What about my own house? I have logged in and out with a character in my own house, and he still needs to time out.

I

imported_Spiritless

The time out period needs looked at, period.

Please, at least, just remove the timer for PvM or something. Going to get something, getting hit by a rat/mongbat and being subject to the silly timer isn't fun. It's been that way for years now. The whole system needs looked at for relevance, because frankly it just sucks.

F

Fayled Dhreams

uhhh ... details ...
In House(yours / friended) you'll insta log ...

IF the char at the bank was STILL at the bank ...
That Char is still ingame ... waiting to log out

Not enough here to SEE that the details Have Been met/changed

"I understand the War Mode and being targeted stuff....I get it. But when a character is doing nothing more than checking a balance in the bank, or moving around in the house.....what is the deal?????"

I

imported_Spiritless

Really, people need to read more. This isn't a complicated thing to follow.

The guy in the original post has a character that is subject to the time out wait every time the character is logged in to, regardless of what they do in-game. They are logging out in areas that would normally allow people to insta-log. However, for that character, it just doesn't work.

This is a issue that has also been in the game for a long time. I'm proposing not to bother fixing it however; they should just scrap the system.

K

keysersoze

You are right Spiritless....Thank you for reading.....As stated before, I have done nothing more than log into a character who is at a bank....log out immediately...and try to log in with another character...have to time out. And the bank is Luna....it is not in Fel

F

Flanuva101

<blockquote><hr>

What about my own house? I have logged in and out with a character in my own house, and he still needs to time out.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the character in question is at least friended to your house ( in the case you have more than one account) or is on the house owners account and has not been fighting, you should be able to log off instantly. If your character is not at least friended to your house or has been fighting, you have to wait for the timer to expire.

F

Flanuva101

<blockquote><hr>

You are right Spiritless....Thank you for reading.....As stated before, I have done nothing more than log into a character who is at a bank....log out immediately...and try to log in with another character...have to time out. And the bank is Luna....it is not in Fel

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is the issue and you are at the bank in Luna, just run upstairs and go into one of the rooms with a bed and log out. You wont have to worry about the timers.The next time you want to check your bank box with that character just say bank and you should be close enough to be able to check it. If you are at Brit Bank, run next door to the south and you will find the tavern. That too will let you log out instantly.

K

keysersoze

i'll give it try....thanks for the suggestion...i hope is works.

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

Really, people need to read more. This isn't a complicated thing to follow.

[/ QUOTE ]
uhuh
(^^ up there)
keysersoze
"You are right Spiritless....Thank you for reading.....As stated before, I have done nothing more than log into a character who is at a bank....log out immediately...and try to log in with another character...have to time out. And the bank is Luna....it is not in Fel "

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the same problem all the time. I have tried to log at my own home, an Inns and I still get the timer. Most times I was only logged in for a minute or two and havent been in contact with anyother persons.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you on a live mount (not a Ethereal)? If so, there seems to be a 5-10 second time-out.

I

imported_revenant2

There's an unpleasent handling of some kind of combat flag that makes it such that you can be in your house trying to log one char out, and you just can't. It probably applies to Inns as well but I don't recall trying in an inn. I mainly see it in PVM, don't know if it happens related to PVP.

Like you can be walking into the front door of a house and a snake attacks you. You make contact with the snake and fight it briefly, and it's dead. Then, you go in the house and try to log out, but you can't.

Crossing subservers doesn't help, nothing helps except, I believe, keeping the guy who's stuck with the unwanted combat flag logged in until the timer expires and then logging him out. In other words, keep selecting the guy who seems unable to log out correctly, and then testing to see if he's finally had a complete and correct logout cycle by logging in the new guy.

Every once in a blue moon I get a thing where I log one guy out and can see the other one still standing there in my house. I don't know what causes that but it's neat to see.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Why do I have to wait for a character to 'TIME OUT' when he has done nothing more than stand at a bank, or in a house, with no War Mode on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that's how the game works?

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

Um, this isn't a bug.

There is a 5 second time out. The problem your experiencing is that when you log in on the wrong character you attempt to relog on the right one too fast. Thats why you don't always notice it happen because sometimes you enter your password slower than other times (if your distracted irl etc). Sometimes the lag between the shard screen/char screen is enough that it doesn't happen also.

I

imported_revenant2

<blockquote><hr>

Um, this isn't a bug.

There is a 5 second time out. The problem your experiencing is that when you log in on the wrong character you attempt to relog on the right one too fast. Thats why you don't always notice it happen because sometimes you enter your password slower than other times (if your distracted irl etc). Sometimes the lag between the shard screen/char screen is enough that it doesn't happen also.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not at all how it seems, but I'll make a point next time to wait for like 10-20 seconds. It's easy enough to test.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

I find waiting one second on the char screen has always avoided it.

I

imported_revenant2

Oh, now here is something weirdass that happened.

I was working up ninja on a guy by sparring a pet bunny rabbit in Tram while unguilded and doing death strike

I got the bunny rabbit to stable when I was done, and recalled back to my house (Fel) .

... and I couldn't walk onto my steps.

... and I couldn't hide. It said I could not hide right now, as though I was in line of sight of something I was fighting.

I think in some respect the server thought I was still fighting the bunny rabbit and it was physically close enough to me to be watching.

I ended up recalling back to town and logging out in an inn so I could get another char out. And it did let me insta-log and bring that other char in right away.

mm.

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I live on Dagger Island Fel and many many many times my door is blocked by polar bears, walrus, wolves, trolls, orcs .... and I can't get in. If I attack one to get it to move or kill it, well then I get a time out.

I simply hate that. Animals should not be considered in the time out.

G

You know what gets me about the silly timer..... I log in once in a blue moon on some characters basicly just to get the GG on a skill..... but when I log in ...... a freaking Mongbat or other worthless creature "attacks" my char..... who happens to be an archer...... and fires at the silly thing....... and now I got to wait forever in a day because my char had to auto kill some silly mongbat???????? Or I recall to the bank and back on a char and have to time out because while at the bank I saw a rat and attacked it..... Irritating as all get out....

K

keysersoze

Well,

Because this has happened to me numerous times, i have tried a lot of different methods....including waiting....and actually going all the way back an re-entering my password, and closing UO and re-starting it.

This is a bug because it does not happen all the time....it is inconsistent....and I dont think this is the way the game was supposed to be designed.

problem is....i have noticed it happens more than it doesnt happen and it is a nuisance.

I would hope it is something the Devs can fix

G

You do realize that "Fix this!" isn't a question, right?

If you think you've found a bug, by all means submit it - although it seems that it's either a flagging issue or you're trying to insta-log in a place that isn't intended for it, but let us know if you find a case where you should have been able to log but couldn't. We'll be happy to investigate.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oh, now here is something weirdass that happened.

I was working up ninja on a guy by sparring a pet bunny rabbit in Tram while unguilded and doing death strike

I got the bunny rabbit to stable when I was done, and recalled back to my house (Fel) .

... and I couldn't walk onto my steps.

... and I couldn't hide. It said I could not hide right now, as though I was in line of sight of something I was fighting.

I think in some respect the server thought I was still fighting the bunny rabbit and it was physically close enough to me to be watching.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's just the way the game works, you go on a timer and for about 2 minutes you cant enter a house, open a door, use teleporters or open containers... even if you own the house. Just wait about 2 min and all will be good when your pets bar goes blue again.

D

DeNomolus

I always find the combat timer to be a giant hassle. My guess is that this is from the pre-renaissance days when fel was the only option. I'm guessing it was probably put in place to prevent you from logging out when someone attacked you as a means of escape. On Fel it seems useful but it is just a pain in the butt on the tram side. There is nothing more frustrating that having to wait after a mongbite decides to take a swing at you. It almost seems like this should only take place if you are the agressor in combat and not the other way around

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

You do realize it's now likely to be reposted as: "Can you please fix this?"

K

keysersoze

Grammatical usage and correctness aside....

you obviously did not read the issue here....

It is not a flagging issue...I clearly stated that I was not in combat.

It is not an issue of trying to log into a place i can't.

To clairfy and use an example: This is an inconsistant issue with logging off on a character who has done nothing but sit at a bank for let's say 1 minute (Luna Bank). Once that character is logged off, at the bank, there is an attempt to log into another character, and the "Time Out" message is given, thus i am unable to log back in on a different character until the other character...standing at the bank...."Times Out". This does not happen all the time....sometimes i can log into another character just fine. But many times I can't.

There....I just reported the 'Bug'....

I

imported_Electrolyte

But a bank isn't a safe insta-log place! Never has been... if anything, the bug here is that smetimes you DON'T have to wait after logging out at the bank.

...and for the record, posting something to stratics isn't 'reporting a bug' To do that you would want to use the in game bug report tool, or send in feedback via the feedback form on uo.com

K

keysersoze

Fine....it doesnt just happen at a Bank. It can happen at my own house as well.

And Heaven forbid anyone from EA reads this post and investagates....

"nope, wasn't on the official 'Bug' report, nothing we can do"

C

Connor_Graham

I've actually had it happening to me lately as well. This is in my own house, with no combat timer involved. I log in, wait for the gobbledygook on the screen to go away so I can open a chest and drop something in it, then log out. Try to log in on another character and I get the "timer" message. Never had it happen before until recently.

D

Dank

I have also had some wierdness regarding logging back in. Last i can recall I was on my red not flagged to any one, nor any one flagged to me when I noticed that my dp doses on cleaver were low so I go back to house put cleaver in a chest and log out to log back in with my poisoner and had to wait to time out. May be a mongbat or rat or some thing flagged me I am not certain.... hope this helps.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it...generally speaking banks are not instant log zones...you need to be at home or at an inn to be able to log instantly. Or camped...but who has camping anymore?

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I, too, have had this happen sporadically. And I only log out at my house.

G

OK, if it's in your house, send in a bug report with as much detail as possible, and we'll try to narrow it down.

(Luna bank is not a safe logout zone - never has been. Nor are any other banks that I'm aware of. Inns, taverns, and player houses are it!)

C

Connor_Graham

Mine is the same as I only log in my house. I'll start sending bug reports each time it happens.

I

imported_wrekognize

This happens to me if I type my password too fast on the next character i'm logging in on. but when I do it a second time, I can get in right away. It's because of that 5-10 second delay that was mentioned earlier.

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

<blockquote><hr>

OK, if it's in your house, send in a bug report with as much detail as possible, and we'll try to narrow it down.

(Luna bank is not a safe logout zone - never has been. Nor are any other banks that I'm aware of. Inns, taverns, and player houses are it!)

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot camping. There are times when instant log doesn't work. It doesn't happen often and seems to be totally random. One only knows that it has when you log on another account and find your other character standing there. This problem is at least 7 years old. One should always hide when logging out at home and stand in a safe area.

Z

zarobhr

<blockquote><hr>

Grammatical usage and correctness aside....

you obviously did not read the issue here....

It is not a flagging issue...I clearly stated that I was not in combat.

It is not an issue of trying to log into a place i can't.

To clairfy and use an example: This is an inconsistant issue with logging off on a character who has done nothing but sit at a bank for let's say 1 minute (Luna Bank). Once that character is logged off, at the bank, there is an attempt to log into another character, and the "Time Out" message is given, thus i am unable to log back in on a different character until the other character...standing at the bank...."Times Out". This does not happen all the time....sometimes i can log into another character just fine. But many times I can't.

There....I just reported the 'Bug'....

[/ QUOTE ]

standing at the bank always rewuires a timeout as far as i know since its not an insta log location

G

Happened probably 6 times or so when getting V-Day stuff on all my chars. All in the middle of a castle, most of them hidden. Just happens when you log off and try to relog on another char quickly. It's not the same timer as when you log out in an unsafe location. This timer is up right when you try to log in again instead of the 2 minutes or whatever it is.

G

<blockquote><hr>

...logged out in literally 2 seconds...

[/ QUOTE ]

When u login again so fast (in another 2 seconds) u will have a problem if u got pets out of the stable. This includes any mounted animal like bugs and horses!

The logout takes a few seconds more if u got pets with u.

So logout, wait like 10 seconds and login again.

Fixed now?

UPDATE: Of course this matches to a safe-place-logout only. If u r at t the bank or in the wilderness the character is meant to stay ingame!

G

I hate it when a stupid vampire bat outside my private house targets me and flys around outside while im standing safe inside. I try and swap to another char and have to wait. I never actually hit anything or engaged in any combat. I will usually have log back in that char move around a bit, hit the tab button to drop in and out of combat, and hide and that still sometimes doesnt work. Then I am forced to recall out of my own safe house to a inn to insta log. Very very aggrivating