• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mysticism] Focus + Imbuing?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is there any advantage to adding imbuing (when it comes to spell strength) if you already have focus in the mysticism template?

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To get max damage you need either 120 Focus or 120 Imbuing, in addition to 120 Mysticism. The damage is scaled up as you go up in skill.

Katrena

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is good, thanks. I thought this was the case but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something, since I don't do test center.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, if you want 30 SDI in PvP you cannot have both 120 Mystic and Focus...you need to go 120 Imbuing.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, if you want 30 SDI in PvP you cannot have both 120 Mystic and Focus...you need to go 120 Imbuing.
I always thought if you have mystic in a template SDI for PvP was capped at 15%

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just like pure scribe/poison mages can have 30 SDI (40 if u count scribe), mystics can too but cannot have another "casting skill" which also includes Focus (as per UOGuide.com). Weapon skills dont count so a hybrid mystic with Imbuing over Focus can have 30 SDI (scribe doest work for non-magery spells).

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe that the SDI page has the incorrect list of skills that affect the focus requirement. I have not tested it, but focus is not one of the skills listed in the publish 71 notes as a major skill. I think a focus mystic can have both 120 mystic and 120 focus and still get the 30 sdi. If someone has tested this and I am incorrect I apologize.