• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Flower bed pictures

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm ashamed to admit that while I am a gardener by UO trade, I'm terrible at creating nice looking flower beds. Can you all post some pictures of your flower beds for me to use as examples?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'll have to look through my stuff to see. I'm playing catch up right now. Had a monitor die on my gaming computer and just got it back up on Friday. Weeee

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm ashamed to admit that while I am a gardener by UO trade, I'm terrible at creating nice looking flower beds. Can you all post some pictures of your flower beds for me to use as examples?
Hi Rhi... I've got a zillion pics of stuff I thought beautiful or ingenius by the "artful" segment of UO... I'll have a look for ya tomorrow.... Just found this thread before hangin' it up for the night.... PM me if I forget (I'm also old, you see)...

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I've got 3 systems with UO images on them... Here's some from this one:

This one's mine.... ;)

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And ironically, that last one is my favorite! I love what you did and plan to do something similar. I tend to like large houses so will need to figure out a way to incorporate that into my plan. I might also have to break down and buy some of those rubble trees and plants from the other pictures. They look awesome.

So I assume that you placed the items in the pond area before you changed the floor tiles to water, correct?

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And ironically, that last one is my favorite! I love what you did and plan to do something similar. I tend to like large houses so will need to figure out a way to incorporate that into my plan. I might also have to break down and buy some of those rubble trees and plants from the other pictures. They look awesome.

So I assume that you placed the items in the pond area before you changed the floor tiles to water, correct?
I can't take credit for the "look" of that garden, only for the desire to create one for myself. In this thread, EvilPixieWorks explains it all.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I currently (hell, for the past 14 years) have 4 active accounts. I have (finally) a Castle, a Keep, an 18x18 custom, and a 2-story "beach" Villa that proudly displays the "UO Historical Society's" banner:

This house is the ONLY one that I would not give up in exchange for the ability to swap my Castle or Keep for a PLOT of the same size - so that I could create a 36x36 "Oasis" of flowers/ponds/trees with a modest home in the back to replace my ugly Castle on Ice.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I digress.... Here's a few more I found:

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some beautiful examples! I had a day off and thought I would spend part of it redoing my roof into a water garden. Of course, being advanced in years and never having learned to think ahead, I filled my raised garden bed with new plants JUST before I got ready to do the customization. :wall: OH well. A project for a couple of weeks from now I guess. Keep posting pictures though. It's giving me good ideas!

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
......Of course, being advanced in years and never having learned to think ahead, I filled my raised garden bed with new plants JUST before I got ready to do the customization. :wall:
LMAO... I did EXACTLY the same thing..... !!!

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you startle for posting these.
You are very welcome, it was fun... I was a little worried about having too many large pics in the thread, for those who have slower connections - but really feel that it's not that big a deal now-a-days... When I come across more, I'll post them..

Oh, and EVERYBODY needs to go to Kayhynn's site here.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Hardy, very nice! I just showed it to my 12 yr old grandson, who's finally started enjoying UO, and he thought it was really cool too....

Last edited:

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love all the slightly hidden details, Hardy, like the statues, use of the spinning wheel as a paddle water wheel, etc. Thank you for sharing!

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the kind comments guys, I've got a plan up my sleeve for my adjacent plot which I will share if I come back to UO

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen some really cool "adjacent plot" decorated houses. Can't wait to see yours!