• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Flooring Costs are ridiculous *ALL BUILDING COSTS

G

I just wanted to put it out there that construction costs are ridiculously inflated compared to payouts and the average sim's worth. $20 per tile? I know it sounds so trivial but some sims make $20 per jam... doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Please adjust the prices to a more reasonable level!! Some of us are very indecisive about our homes and renovate a few times a week! haha... but seriously... haha

G

Well I haven't built in awhile on EAL but I did remember there is cheaper tile out there. You may need to start off with the $1 tile (if they still exist).

M

MandiK

Yea I tried to do my house in the $1 tiles but 90% of them are hideous. I agree, building costs do need to match up with what we are getting paid.

G

Oh they are hidious. Why do you think they cost $1? lol. I was just giving an option. Buiilding costs need to come down in order for people to be able to build their house.

G

It's just silly. Not all 1$ are hideous; some are pretty nice, depending on the theme you use. On the other hand, some 20$ tiles are hideous.

I really don't understand the difference as the tiles have no influence on the game whatsoever. Some hideous couches have comfort rating 10 and other pretty ones have rating 1, but at least I understand why the higher rating couches are more expensive: they have an influence on the actual gameplay.

G

The reason I bring this up is I am a roofer so I really have no choice... I have to use tiles of various prices but here I am trying to do a roof and the owner is shuttling money from jamming back and forth to me. I'm predicting this will be about 20k just for the materials...... and we are broke haha! It's just funny and it's not THAT big of a deal but I wanted to put it out there hoping the devs would see that the prices of all building materials are a little high for starting over (and both the owner and I refuse to run to the atm)

I

imported_SimTripps

I'm a roofer too - this is what I figure:

46 x 46 = 2,116 (# of tiles used)

2,116 x $20 (most expensive tile) = $42,320

M

mameloot

tile prices are the worst part of building (in my opinion).
They are way too costly when you start figuring square footage.

I spent around $2,000 buidling my house (including walpaper, fences, some counters and a couple of fireplaces...and almost $2,000 more just on simple wood flooring. I can't see what it really looks like until it's laid (and purchased) since the color changes. So I have to try a couple of different ones so see which works best. Which means dropping even more money.

And since this is as good of a place to vent as any - so it can serve as an illustration.

On Sunday (the bad lag day) I made the mistake of trying to lay a few individual flagstones in front of my porch. The lag made the click misread and I suddenly covered 1/3 of my lot with flagstones (instead of 1 tile) In trying to correct it, it happened again and my bank account has now instantly gone from $2,470 to $12 because of a lag glitch. I'm not asking for it back because I don't expect it to happen. My stupid mistake for trying to do this during bad lag.

So I go to work (for worse than normal lousy payout) and go pizza to make $1,030 back. The next day the lag seems better, so I try to correct the mistake and re-tile my main floor...AND IT HAPPENS AGAIN!!!!! Another $1,000 blown for nothing.

I'm now living in a house with luxuious <u>grass</u> carpeting. I can't afford to drop more on lousy flooring until I know I won't throw it away again.

mame

G

They should make them all a buck. Then introduce dynamic pricing.

G

That really stinks. An undo button would be priceless. Maybe we can get one for the next gift.

M

mameloot

<blockquote><hr>

That really stinks. An undo button would be priceless. Maybe we can get one for the next gift.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please ... Please ... Pretty Please???
with lots of sprinkles and a cherry on top?

I would LOVE to have an undo button in build mode. Not sure how it would work. But that would be SOOOOO useful!

mame

G

I think we would all love an undo button. We have it when be buy objects from the catalog (as long as you don't exit the buying screen you can sell something back for full value) so why can't we do it with building? I can't tell you how many times I have built my house in AV and didn't make the wall correctly. Or the tile issue covered my entire lot. In AV it wasn't a problem because we all had plenty of money. We would write it off and start over. Now? We need every penny we can save.

G

Part of the issue besides lag is the stupid screen shift created to stop botters...pfft as if that mattered to them. One day I was hit hard by the screen shift in EA Land when I was putting in floors so I went and asked Luc how hard it would be to un-code screen shift. He said it would be very easy to uncode! I begged him to take that away for us. He didnt say if he would or not, but I say we all tell him how we feel about it!

Back in the day all floor/wall tiles were cheap, all $1 if I remember right maybe as much as $5 tho. Then they added a bunch of new ones and changed the prices. We were pretty happy to have new stuff but I'm sure we must have had something to say about the prices at the time, knowing sims like I do.

I put together a design for land prices on the wiki and Greg and I have been discussing it on the discussion page, I think it would be cool if builders got a discount on build mode items and that would be deducted from the sale price.

If anyone cares to comment on this design on the wiki heres the link: Click Me

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

Part of the issue besides lag is the stupid screen shift created to stop botters...pfft as if that mattered to them. One day I was hit hard by the screen shift in EA Land when I was putting in floors so I went and asked Luc how hard it would be to un-code screen shift. He said it would be very easy to uncode! I begged him to take that away for us. He didnt say if he would or not, but I say we all tell him how we feel about it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but apparently he didn't consider the 4th year gift suggestions on the Wiki...

I

imported_debslee

<blockquote><hr>

Back in the day all floor/wall tiles were cheap, all $1 if I remember right maybe as much as $5 tho. Then they added a bunch of new ones and changed the prices. We were pretty happy to have new stuff but I'm sure we must have had something to say about the prices at the time, knowing sims like I do.

I put together a design for land prices on the wiki and Greg and I have been discussing it on the discussion page, I think it would be cool if builders got a discount on build mode items and that would be deducted from the sale price.

If anyone cares to comment on this design on the wiki heres the link: Click Me

[/ QUOTE ]

Niki, please can we add plant costs to that - its ridiculous that a few pond lilly leaves and trees are like $19 a shot! Dont we want a "green" EA Land?

G

Sure I can specify that, I was just lumping it in as part of build mode.

G

It is not that way anymore. Unless they changed it back. There is no sellback in EA Land or TC3. Have they changed that back. It would be nice to be able to show a customer an item without having to permanantly buy it. I get stuck with so much that way.

G

Well at least be thankful that with expensive tiles that the 'tile bug' has been fixed!!!

G

It would be greatly appreciated if a Dev could comment on this issue

I don't mean that as a smartass comment... they are doing a great job, very productive... but it would just be nice to hear what they think about the inflated prices

G

They have asked for suggestions on the wiki. Come up with a new drain. Post your ideas.

G

Check out the Money Pools page on the Wiki.

Every expense in the game helps to prime the money pools that fund the payouts.

Then with that in mind, go to the Town Hall and ask the Team members about lowering the cost of build items. That is the best way to try and get a comment from a developer, that will make the most sense to you.

Then, when you understand it, come explain what they said to us...