• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bowcraft/Fletching] Fletching Reforge menu missing?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK, I am trying to reforge some bows for the first time today... am I missing something or is there a bug?

I have GM fletching with a heartwood fletching tool trying to reforge a Yumi. Using Powerful reforge and Sublime Artifice.... but about half of the reforge options can not selected... My first selection was Exquisite so I can see why that is not open.

Specifically why can I not select Vicious for a hit effect on my bow or Charmed to balanced on my bow or Auspicious for some luck? What am I missing here?

Edit - I just check an Oak fletching runic and all those options are available. Perhaps Heartwood runic is boned?

Attachments

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This has been explained elsewhere (repeatedly).

The highest runics of all types are limited in some of their choices, to give uses for the low-end runics. Auspicious is the most commonly commented on one.

With the low to middle runics, you can get things like luck, then imbue to finish out the weapon (or armor).

The high-end runics are more geared toward making completed PvP weapons (where luck is considered a waste of imbuing space, and only specific hit effects are considered beneficial) that can, at best, be improved on with enhancing alone. After all, valorite/barbed/heartwood runics can produce 700+ intensity items through reforging. Some would say that a 700-800% intensity bow with balanced or a hit effect are too unbalancing. Frankly, even as someone who thinks PvP is anathema to the Virtues (and a colossal waste of assets), I see their point.

If you only use ONE of the name slots, though, you can get the properties that you can't choose, as random properties. It just takes a lot longer (at least, it's at less charge cost)