• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Flash freezes browser

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, everytime I try and load a flash movie, my browser freezes. I have uninstalled, re-installed both flash and shockwave many times. Restart PC, restart browser. Nada. Once I try and load a flash movie it locks up the browser only, and all tabs. But another window will work fine. I can move mouse, but get the little "im thinking" circle.

HP HDX18 1180CA
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 (fresh install not upgrade, i dont upgrade)
Intel Q9000
4GB Ram
M9600GT

On both IE8 and Firefox. I have the latest Nvidia drivers, just started the other day. Windows is up-to-date, IE is up-to-date, firefox was brand new tonight (tried it as a fix). IE64 doesnt freeze, but thats also cause there is no flash for 64bit.

Any Ideas? I have scanned for viruses, I have done local, and online scans, I have removed any spyware/mal ware with spybot S&D.