• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

flamestrike range?

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello!
I was recently spawning with my archery and I've tried to battle against a magery.
Even though I couldn't hit him, he was able to hit me, and we weren't on the same screen.
I would like to know, what is the range of this spell? If he's able to hit me without even seeing me, what's the point of being an archer?
He was able to hit me relentlessly without even seeing on screen me and I could only hit him with my bow range:wall:

Thanks in advance!

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am at work and cant test it right now for specfics, but I believe the range is 8 tiles between the mage and the target, which I believe is also the range of a composite bow.

Anyone please feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried Flamestrike on a summoned horse and got in range with it at 10 tiles from me.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think all bows have a range of 10, crossbows are shorter range, 8 for heavy, 7 for repeater, 8 for regular crossbow. I only use Magicals and Composites and Yumis and I know they are all 10. If you are on a slow connection it could appear that archer has hit you when offscreen but when the shot actually started he was on screen, probably using a moving shot. And a couple of other reasons that can happen which are unmentionable.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure about your situation but I do know ec is so much better than cc now. a lot wont be able to compete. even the devs have stated it is faster ect... and with pinco ui, way better, it even does things that use to be illegal with other third party programs. ill let u all figure this out, and wonder why they would make ec so much better than cc even though most wanted cc.

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
Hello!
I was recently spawning with my archery and I've tried to battle against a magery.
Even though I couldn't hit him, he was able to hit me, and we weren't on the same screen.
I would like to know, what is the range of this spell? If he's able to hit me without even seeing me, what's the point of being an archer?
He was able to hit me relentlessly without even seeing on screen me and I could only hit him with my bow range:wall:

Thanks in advance!
Are you talking about a mob or an actual player? If you're doing a spawn, rat mages have delayed/no range on their casting. They'll hit you off screen. There's no explanation for it but that's just how it works.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Chances are, they had the flamestrike up, and hit you with it as you were running away. Flame strike is a delayed spell and as such if you're within range of them to cast it on you, that doesn't mean it magically wont hit you if you run off screen. If you're in range when they target you, then it's going to hit you.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you talking about a mob or an actual player? If you're doing a spawn, rat mages have delayed/no range on their casting. They'll hit you off screen. There's no explanation for it but that's just how it works.
Hi
only me and another player (pvp)

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chances are, they had the flamestrike up, and hit you with it as you were running away. Flame strike is a delayed spell and as such if you're within range of them to cast it on you, that doesn't mean it magically wont hit you if you run off screen. If you're in range when they target you, then it's going to hit you.
but only once but not two or more it is very strange

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
but only once but not two or more it is very strange
...what?

It's simple.

If you are WITHIN CAST RANGE when he targets your with the spell, it doesn't matter after that if you run off screen or away. The cast will land. Nothing "weird" about it.

Let me break that down further if it's still too hard to understand.

If you are within casting distance when the mage targets you with a spell. It doesn't matter if you run 50000000000000000000 tiles away, the spell has been cast ON YOU and will LAND. Unless you change servers by walking over a serverline or entering/exiting a dungeon.

This isn't WoW or some other dumpy game where you can simply cancel someone's cast before it finishes by walking further than 40 yards from them.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
I've been running half way across Eodon with a Magic Arrow two feet behind me so many times, that I've lost count; it WILL hit you, eventually. :grin:

RanmaRembo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I had wondered this before as when fighting G. Dragons I see them casting so I run like hell..... Only to burst into flames when I've run 2 screens away :p

Or running from those fireballs xD

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...what?

It's simple.

If you are WITHIN CAST RANGE when he targets your with the spell, it doesn't matter after that if you run off screen or away. The cast will land. Nothing "weird" about it.

Let me break that down further if it's still too hard to understand.

If you are within casting distance when the mage targets you with a spell. It doesn't matter if you run 50000000000000000000 tiles away, the spell has been cast ON YOU and will LAND. Unless you change servers by walking over a serverline or entering/exiting a dungeon.

This isn't WoW or some other dumpy game where you can simply cancel someone's cast before it finishes by walking further than 40 yards from them.
I understood it,
Thanks