• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fixed: Transmogrification potion with hooded robe as destination!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so what? it still works right?
I wanted the color of the hood like it was until I used a house teleporter. I dont want a brown robe you can not dye.

You can dye other types of those hooded robes, not the Monk robe.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used a Luck epaulette on my bird - no longer named "Hippolyte's parrot" but now his new name is "Epaulette Bearing the Crest of Blackthorn" - i don't know if his fellow feathered friends respect him more or ridicule him :) I'll send M the email to see if destination object's name change is intended or a glitch.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eww - name change worse than I remembered - it's actually named "Hippolyte's Bearing the Crest of Blackthorn" :(

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was searching around and found something interesting. Seems like Sigil Umbra robes were duped a few years ago. To "fix" that, the devs turned them into Monks Robes when you log off while wearing them. This must be what is happening to the robes when used to transmog.

leloyon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was searching around and found something interesting. Seems like Sigil Umbra robes were duped a few years ago. To "fix" that, the devs turned them into Monks Robes when you log off while wearing them. This must be what is happening to the robes when used to transmog.
Yeah I remember this glitch, and it's how I earned a ton of gold back in the day as it was really quite simple to pull off, by selling each colored robe for 1-5mil each on GL. Pretty scummy way to earn gold but I was a wee lad, and it wasn't a common occurrence that a player could have 20-50mil in the bank at that time.

I don't really remember how to do the glitch step-by-step but I know it involved holding the hooded robe as you walked through a moongate, maybe two moongates if I remember right. I also remember that they turned them into monk robes pretty quickly so not many really knew about it until the damage was done. Not all robes were turned into monk robes for some reason though. I still have one stashed away that's dyable and it simply says "A Hooded Robe". I'd show you but I'm done for awhile and let my sub run out so I can't log back in yet. It's just hard for me to justify spending $14 bucks a month when there's barely any new content or reason to play. I'll return as an EJ player soon enough.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yeah I remember this glitch, and it's how I earned a ton of gold back in the day as it was really quite simple to pull off, by selling each colored robe for 1-5mil each on GL. Pretty scummy way to earn gold but I was a wee lad, and it wasn't a common occurrence that a player could have 20-50mil in the bank at that time.

I don't really remember how to do the glitch step-by-step but I know it involved holding the hooded robe as you walked through a moongate, maybe two moongates if I remember right. I also remember that they turned them into monk robes pretty quickly so not many really knew about it until the damage was done. Not all robes were turned into monk robes for some reason though. I still have one stashed away that's dyable and it simply says "A Hooded Robe". I'd show you but I'm done for awhile and let my sub run out so I can't log back in yet. It's just hard for me to justify spending $14 bucks a month when there's barely any new content or reason to play. I'll return as an EJ player soon enough.
When is the last time you played? There is new content, I am sure. Lots of it. Lots of quests, and many different things, and new content coming up soon also. I think you kinda need to look for the content tho, ask people etc. Taming revamp is just one example. Invasions came and went, The recent seafaring/pirate hunting thingy, new cannons etc. new things promised near end of September, then again October etc. If you have not been back for years you may be surprised, pleasantly hopefully.