• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FIX ROT ON SP!! **plz read**

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4+ months ago you guys promised to listen to us. you even had us do polls. results being that the majority of SP wants a ROT fix. We get a lot of new people that quit over the fact that they cant stand ROT. the rate is 2 slow. no need to ditch ROT, just fix it so that it dont take over 6 months to make a new char, maybe only 3 months!? people play SP for the fight not to sit around making chars all yr.
I wonder around sp today through dungeons and ilsh and haven't found one player, this is like this most days. that's why i make this post to yet again ask u all to help repopulate SP. i really think by fixing ROT would help ALOT.

PS i have had a lot of people send Jeremy feedback but we have heard nothing in over 4 months:(

L

Loqucious

A friend of mine just told me two days ago he was giving up on making a siege char because it would take him too long.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never quite understood why ROT was there in the first place. I know when SP started out it was advertised as the "hard shard" but in reality it's become the veteran shard. Most people on there have played production shards for years and gone through the grind to build characters, why make them go through it again but even more difficult? ROT should be adjusted or removed.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I never quite understood why ROT was there in the first place. I know when SP started out it was advertised as the "hard shard" but in reality it's become the veteran shard. Most people on there have played production shards for years and gone through the grind to build characters, why make them go through it again but even more difficult? ROT should be adjusted or removed.
Just adjusted will be fine. Thank you. All that needs to be done is consider that most skills go to 120 now, not 100 as when RoT was designed. *nods*

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, they answered this at the townhall. Kinda odd that it doesn't seem to be placed on that list of questions from UOForums...

Anyway, if I remember right (and if i'm wrong will a dev please correct me; my memory is bad at times), they said that they had some fixes for it lined up for the publish after next, or sometime around then, making it quite clear they were adjusting it and not removing or replacing it. There obviously wasn't anyone from Siege in attendance (possibly aside from the person who asked), because there was literally no response from the crowd afterward, and any Siege-er would have spread the news by now.

I didn't say something sooner because I didn't realize it was missing from the list.. my apologies for that.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Thank you, Crysta. That is good news, in my opinion. Trust me had there been a "Sieger" there, you would have heard some responce. *nods*

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aha. That is good to know. A couple of us sent in questions on the Whispering Rose web site, so that is probably where it originated. I was bitterly disappointed that it did no appear to be asked but the live feed kept being interrupted by music so it must have happened then.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Their delays in fixing this issue only hurt Siege. Too many people have either given up or didn't bother starting characters on the shard. It should be as simple as adjusting the amount of skill one can gain in a 24 hour period...la

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't get rid of Rot it is so much easier to gain skills than on trammel shards. I have characters on Atlantic that are 9 years old and still dont have all their skills done. It is real pain in ass to gain skills there unless you run macros for hours on end.