• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Five On Friday... Clarification brings a new Question!

D

DHMagicMan_1

It says new plants will be available in Blaze, Black and White (I would be DELIGHTED IF THIS IS THE CASE) ... but I thought only the new Cactus was to be available in Blaze... will all new be availabe in Blaze or is that Cactus only and all other new in White and Black?

F

feath

"What is the plan for fixing the naturalist quest?"
In 56, all of the new plants will be added to that quest, so you will have the chance to get them in blaze, black, or white colors. This should also fix the current issue where you only get the new cactus as a reward - it should randomize properly again.
The full quote states pretty clearly all the new plants will have a chance of getting them in blaze, black or white.

D

DHMagicMan_1

True, but Regine is the Designer who's been working on plant updates, and Jeremy's the PR person... sometimes there is miscommunication.

Regine said in an earlier post that only 4 barrel cactus would be available in Blaze so if Jeremy's quote is accurate, it's a change, though a change I'm delighted to hear.

I'm just hoping to have it confirmed by Regine who is the Designer and who also frequents and sometimes posts in this forum.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, there seems to have indeed been a miscommunication.

New plants only in black and white. The exception is the flowery cactus that you guys have been getting the past few weeks. That one will continue to also come in fire color.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How will that work? Right now the only way to get black and white is by cross breeding which we can't do with the new plants.

And darn I was so hoping for a blaze hedge, or a pink cypress tree. :(

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You get the new plants in black and white by completing the Naturalist quest including the "secret" nest (ie the one you do to obtain the fire seed). So you have an even chance of getting:

1) a random fire seed of the old plants or of the flowery cactus
2) a random black seed (new plants only)
3) a random white seed (new plants only)

Y

Yalp

OH yeah.. that's a nice additon.. thx!

Not to be a stickler.. is there any chance you could give us the odds of getting 1 of the 4 varieties?

Fire *Original *
Fire *New cactus*
White plants *new*
Black plants *new*

D

DHMagicMan_1

Yalp, through previous postings the expected odds are close to the following:

1/3 Fire (1 of 18 plants), 1/3 White (1 of 17 new), 1/3 Black (1 of 17 new)

Sakkarah (I usually refer to you a Regine because it's your forum name but I think you said some time ago that you prefer this name), thank you for giving us a splash of color in the new plants, and listening to our feedback on the new plant additions you created.

Also thanks for all your work sqashing these bugs and posting updates to let us know what to expect in 56.

Open communication is much appreciated!

B

Beastmaster

Sakkarah (I usually refer to you a Regine because it's your forum name but I think you said some time ago that you prefer this name), thank you for giving us a splash of color in the new plants, and listening to our feedback on the new plant additions you created.

Also thanks for all your work sqashing these bugs and posting updates to let us know what to expect in 56.

Open communication is much appreciated!
/signed :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well this news makes me exceedingly happy!...... I really been thinking that I would totally LOVE to have a black hedge!..... and black hops... I don't care much for cactus..... but a black cyprus tree would be cool too..... And I think white Orflour and white hops and small white bushes........ those would be VERY nice.... especially when I deco for weddings.

Y

Yalp

Very sweet! thx! I'll be stocking up on the green thorns! I'd love to see pix when the white and black pop!

L

Lesa

You get the new plants in black and white by completing the Naturalist quest including the "secret" nest (ie the one you do to obtain the fire seed). So you have an even chance of getting:

1) a random fire seed of the old plants or of the flowery cactus
2) a random black seed (new plants only)
3) a random white seed (new plants only)

How totally cool! thanks!