• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishing ways and means

Black Salt

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
A number of years ago, I used to use UOassist and have a macro recorded to allow me to 4x4 fish relatively well with the use of UOAM. It seems as though these methods have gone by the by due to UOAM not being able to keep up with new shards and the enhanced client not working with UOAssist. So my question is this....

What are people using nowadays in terms of assistant programmes? I have checked lots of forums and have found a lot of old posts referring to **** and UOcartographer and various other 3rd party programmes, but cant put my finger on anything solid. Are people just using the enhanced clients macro ability or is there something else that will record and play macros with the enhanced client? Are people just simply using the classic client with UOassist still?

Last edited by a moderator:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, I have removed the name of one program you mentioned from your post. That is not approved for use with the official client.
UOcartographer is a sanctioned, but no longer supported mapping program similar to uoam.
UOAM is no longer supported by its developer, but one of our posters, Kojak, has endeavoured to keep the maps updated. Find his posts in the sticky thread at the top of UHall. UOassist is still used extensively by people playing in classic client, personally I use the enhanced client
There is also another mapping program, uomapper, which is supported and works with both clients.

Last edited:

Black Salt

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for that most appreciated, I'll get my head around the new client yet!! Also going to make a T-Hunting char too and used to use UOAM a lot for locations, theres probably a new way of doing that now too to save the mining skill using up a slot