• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] fishing templates?

H

haladrigis

this is what i have so far
archery 120
tactics 120
anatomy 120
fishing 100
chiv 100-120?

should this be a good enough temp to fish up chests and levithians??

S

Salty Pete

My fisherman has this template;

GM magery (scrolled to 110 using an item for the extra magery)
GM med
GM eval
GM hiding
GM fishing
GM begging
80 stealth
40 ninja

Items: 100% LRC 40% LMC SDI +35 50ish resists suit.

I can solo a leviathan and have no problem with serps, krakens, or water elementals

H

haladrigis

hmm i was thinking of staying with this
archery 120
tact 120
anat 120
fishing 100
chiv 120
and gm magery

the reason i chose magery is because not only could i use my bow to kill things but i should be able to cast EV right? or does your eval int or any other skills that affect your EV? i already have on mage which is my tamer. was just trying to get away from magery with this guy. had archery on my old fisherman and it worked great.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you don't need Eval for summons, heals and mind blast.

You might want to pack some EV scrolls for emergencies where you 100% want to succeed in casting one.

H

haladrigis

ok my fishing has beeen stuck at 95 for 2 days whats up??? my skill cap is around 400

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine is a Fishing Stealth Mage Chef.

100 Fishing
100 Magery
100 Eval
100 Med
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
100 Cooking

This way I can cook all my fish steaks.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was gearing my fisher towards:

GM Fishing
120 Archery
GM Tactics
90 Healing
90 Anatomy
GM Swordsmanship
GM Magery

I used a similar template way back when, and it worked great. But that was years ago. I enjoy the template because of it's versatility and am hoping it will be viable. I should be able to kill sea serpents, deep sea serpents, krakens and water elementals. Not sure about leviathans though. (I've never fought one.)

I realize that with both archery and magery that swordsmanship is sort of moot. But I like the RP aspect of it. I'd be willing to drop it for something else but I'm really not all that knowledgeable on some of these other skills people have talked about, like chivalry, etc. Those skills didn't exist last time I played. I could go with meditation to enhance my magery for more heals, ebolts, poison, etc. Or resist.

Thoughts?

H

haladrigis

HELP!!! im stuck at 95 fishing been stuck here the passed 4 days i have tried fishing in just about every body of water in the game with no luck...my skill cap is at 400 something so i know i havbe the skills to gain. any suggestions?

I

Intrepida

I went the esay way

100 Fishing
100 Sword
100 Tactics
100 anatamy
100 Parry
90 resist
85 healing
45 Chiv

Its very easy even takeing two at a time. Once they attack just move along the edge of the boat towards the back till you have to step in towards the center just stay at the rail there and you can hit them. Yes they might move off and heal but normaly kill them to fast for that but if they do they come back. I like it better then the old range attacking this way I vever have to move the boat around to loot the boddies.

P.S. I do it with a old GM katana and a scraped to gether luck suit my resists are all in the 30's its easy and cheap.