• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Fishing template....help needed

Plant Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So I'm finally taking up fishing after 13 years of playing the game. I've got an old Archer that really doesn't get a lot of use, so I figured that Fishing would go good on him. This is what he has so far:

100 Archery
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Resist Spells
100 Healing
100 Focus
100 Chivalry

Questions:
1) Which skill should I drop to add Fishing?
2) Should I replace any other skills here for another (maybe stone Chivalry and add Bushido?)
3) Should I consider bringing any skill up to 120? I do plan on having 120 Fishing.....eventually.
4) Is it possible with this template or another template to solo a Kraken?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should have no big problem with Krakens... I'd dump the Focus for Fishing. Their lowest resist is Energy, so look for a bow that can hit for some of that... With EoO you should have no problem at all.
What shard is this char on? What other chars does the account have? I ask because I do all the nets my fishermen drag up with my bard... He has the Kraken/Serpent spawn for lunch..

Last edited:

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, drop focus for fishing, you will have no problems. Well, that is until you fish up the enforcer, but by then you will need company to help you with that ;)

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's great fun to be had in this "World of Fishing", right alongside great boredom and serious frustration... But when it comes to Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer, you simply MUST enjoy Adol's video:

Plant Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the help. I've been training fishing all weekend and i'm up 81. Gains are getting really slow now. I have about 4 points in SOTs to use, but I figured I'd wait until I got to 96 skill. It is tempting to use them now though, hehe.
I've dropped Focus and the template seems to working nicely. Sea Serpents go down in about 4-5 hits.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep the sots till 96, for sure... And find a Snake Slayer, which should take serpents down with 1 hit, 2 at most..

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you start doing MIBs, the Runed Driftwood Bow does a nice job on serps and water ellies too. With that, and decent armor I rarely if ever have to heal during normal cruising.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you start doing MIBs, the Runed Driftwood Bow does a nice job on serps and water ellies too. With that, and decent armor I rarely if ever have to heal during normal cruising.
Smacks self on head... Of course, a perfect companion for a fisherman with Archery... I should have thought of that... You should have one of those pretty quick as MIB loot..

Plant Elemental

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well, I've been using my Marksman Set (the Swiftflight and the Feathernock). With Consecrate Weapon, I've got the Sea Serpents down to 2-3 quick hits.
I'll try out the different bows mentioned here and see if I can do better.

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Smacks self on head... Of course, a perfect companion for a fisherman with Archery... I should have thought of that... You should have one of those pretty quick as MIB loot..
Yep, the Hit Lightning does energy damage - which all three water critters you'll normally encounter are vulnerable to. I'm looking for a Quiver of Lightning for the same reason. But, on the other hand, it's not like serps (either kind) or water ellies are Ogre Lords. They're pretty low/mid grade monsters all things considered. You can over think this.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, serps are pretty lame for most... Btw, you are using EoO - right?

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But you have Chivalry, why not use Enemy of One and even consecrate weapon for that matter?

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because by the time I remember, the critter is typically croaked. It only takes about three hits.