• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishing Rod?

D

Dain

I was just wondering on what the story is about Fishing Rod's and how they get destroyed.

Is there a chance for the rods to break when you're attacked?

What chance?

Does the wood their made of or skill of the crafter change anything?

That kinda stuff :p

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe they said that fishing rods count as two-handed shields, for purposes of being hit.

Their durability is not shown, so it's possible that it would only take them taking damage once to be destroyed (which is more likely if the character has parry skill).

The wood probably makes little difference.

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure about durability or destruction but for woods I have seen lots of people try for SC no - fishing poles for the mage/fishers and if you make one with skill gains it can be desirable to some ie get a pole with high necro skill and you will have buyers (atleast till the suggested nerf for going vamp form without using items to get to proper cast level)

Think the wood types used for these are bloodwood and heartwood but double check im going from memeroy here

K

Kyrie_Elaison

<------ Is still using 129 month old "Newbied" fishing pole. :lick: