• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Fishing questions

• Thread starter Lord Thor
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lord Thor

Been playing on and off for over 11 years. A fisherman is pretty much the only template I dont have on any of my accounts. What do you guys enjoy about fishing?

Is there gold to be made from the new high seas items and such?

How long does it take to gain in the skill?

What is the best template to go with?

Thanks

C

Conrad99

For me it the same as real fishing, I'm hoping to get that 1 large fish to show. Now with High Seas I am trying to get 1 of each rare fish/crab/lobster to display.

It is a boring skill to gain. I play on the weekend most of the time so I fish and watch sports at the same time. It does not take a lot of RL focus.

You can make a good chunk of gold by doing MIBs but they dont come until later in the skill. Even then it is that much of a huge amount.

I just have a mage I added fishing too.

It is not for everyone. My buddy refuses to even build the skill because it is to boring for him. But that is what makes UO great, there is something for almost everyone.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My template is 120 eval/120 magery/120 med/120 fishing/100 scribe/120 resist. I think the most popular template is archer/fisher though. Skill gains are pretty slow. I haven't tried to make money with fishing, but you probably could make money a few different ways: selling fish and crustaceans, selling fish monger rewards such as bait and special hooks and traps, selling sos loot. You might be able to make money indirectly by turning in sos loot for spring cleaning rewards and then selling the rewards. I think to enjoy fishing, you need a lot of patience. Catching rare fish and crustaceans take time, turning in quests take time, acquiring mibs and then fishing them up takes time. Using lobster traps take time and adult beverages. :)