• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishing Pole Questions

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting they enhance with mods of a shield and not a weapon.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've made them with runic saws and then enhanced w/oak for +40 Luck. The mods run full range, I'm looking at 6-7 rods that have fc1, parry+10, dex+3, SC, , bushido+8, Med+6, sdi+9, fcr+3, mystic+13, etc - almost any mod you could find on a spellbook, or jewell you cam add with appropriate runic saw.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've made them with runic saws and then enhanced w/oak for +40 Luck. The mods run full range, I'm looking at 6-7 rods that have fc1, parry+10, dex+3, SC, , bushido+8, Med+6, sdi+9, fcr+3, mystic+13, etc - almost any mod you could find on a spellbook, or jewell you cam add with appropriate runic saw.
Interesting. I wasn't aware of that, thanks!

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm assuming you can imbue as well, but after the tird time I lost a boat full of fish, i soulstoned 115 Fisher and gave away my comm deed box full of fish, so never did experiment w/imbued rods.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Runic Crafting is the route to go, IMO - usually crafting with Frostwood for the SC. Luck's okay, but you can get that from the runic - so unless you're trying to get luck over 100 specifically, I don't think it's worth the effort to use the woods that give luck. I'd rather be 100% certain that the pole stays equipped if I have to cast, as I typically don't interrupt my fishing macro when fighting stuff that is fished up or wanders by.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm assuming you can imbue as well, but after the tird time I lost a boat full of fish, i soulstoned 115 Fisher and gave away my comm deed box full of fish, so never did experiment w/imbued rods.
you cant imbue fishing rods.
you can craft them with special woods to give them the inherent properties of that special wood or you can make them with runics and roll the dice to give them special mods.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
there was a time when i burned up a bunch of kits trying to get some nice fishing rods.
i kept a box full of rods that had SC with no -1 and each of them would have FCR2 or LMC and usually some skill on them.
super phat fishing rods.

but there was a time when fishing rod making was messed up and you could actually get fishing rods with 0 stats.
those where funny looking.
Dex 0
Str 0