• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishing Net Question

J

J0KING

Since it has been such a long time since I tossed in a fishing net...

Was there anything worth wild from the nets or should I just turn them in for a quick 500?

The Fabled Net... being worse 5k in points, besides the Seahorse or the Anchor you would really lose points tossing this one i think.

So... what is the best way to use the nets?

Have Fun!!!

A

Azureal

The only benefit of tossing it is a risk. You "could" get a kraken, which "might" have a MiB as loot, and then when you use the MiB you "might" get enough/more pre-chest loot to cover the points cost of just handing in the net.

Oh, and the Krakens have rope if that makes you excited.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Might as well just turn the net in. The range of possibility is simply too wide for them to have worth beyond themselves.

You're as likely to get a single water elem as you are a kraken that might have an SOS.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually have pretty good luck with the nets and get a kraken like 75% of the time. Oddly enough though, i have never gotten rope as loot only mibs (lots of em).

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always throw my nets in the water and gather MIB's. Last batch of 30 nets yielded me 12 MIB's. One of them became an ASOS after opening...

Since getting a ghost anchor or seahorse is too random, I turned in my fabled net for 5k points...

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since it has been such a long time since I tossed in a fishing net...

Was there anything worth wild from the nets or should I just turn them in for a quick 500?

The Fabled Net... being worse 5k in points, besides the Seahorse or the Anchor you would really lose points tossing this one i think.

So... what is the best way to use the nets?

Have Fun!!!
I always throw in fabled nets. I still don't have an anchro. Sea horse I got =)

You can get MiB's off more than just kraken too. The ellies will also drop them.

J

J0KING

Thanks for the responses... Since the only benefit is getting MiBs I will probably just turn the nets in. For some reason I have never had any trouble getting those...

As far as the white nets... did a bunch and only ever got one anchor... rather take the points then the risk :)

Thanks Again!!!

A

Azureal

I always throw in fabled nets. I still don't have an anchro. Sea horse I got =)

You can get MiB's off more than just kraken too. The ellies will also drop them.
Wait, the ellies produced from a et toss will give MiBs as loot too? Hmm...Ive thrown more than my fair share of nets over the years, and Im yet to see an ell with anything worth taking.

Dangit man! Now Im gonna have to do more testing.

FWIW, I recently popped open about 7 MiBs I found in a chest at home, got an ASOS out of one of them. Brings my total up to 5 now.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had a bit of a question, Captain Quacklebush's Cutlass only comes from leviathans right? That is what stratic's page on minor artifacts says. Are the ghost anchor and seahorse rarer than the cutlass? If not, why isn't the Cutlass worth more for the turnin? Not that it matters since I'd keep my one cutlass anyway, but I was wondering.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't dare throw in those white nets because i know of the certain death that can come from doing so without help. I have one right now that i am really thinking about...