• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishing Macro

• Thread starter haladrigis
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
H

haladrigis

Hail! i wasnt sure which forums this needed to be posted in but here goes. im new to the whole fishing profession and was wondering which macros are all you fisherman/woman using out there? i was trying to think of a good macro to use to gain fishing skill but i have no clue where to start or where to start gaining in fishing any advice would be much appreciated. thanks in advance!

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might try in the fishing/t-hunting forum. But my personal training macro I've been using is casting ten times in each compass direction around my character, and adding pauses in between of ten seconds (or something in that range, forget off-hand how long the pauses were). Worked pretty well for me while I was training, tied each direction to a key and just sailed, hit a key and sat back watching for serpents to pop up on me. This is in UOAssist, by the way.

WWGRD?

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use object (fishing pole)
Target relative
pause 8000

I used to have 1 for each side of the boat, but since AoS fishing has been worthless...Barring pearl fishing. Side note if you find a spot a that yields pearls, wait for the respawn, chances are very good every respawn will give you another pearl. Same goes for big fish and MiBs. Another trick is, when you fish up a MiB, keep fishing that spot, you "should" get another MiB there. If not there the other side of the boat will work.

Happy fishing.

H

haladrigis

i dont understand what do you mean fishing is worthless? i used to play but quit shortly after AOS dont remember any changes to fishing, then again im always wrong. so whats up with it now?

H

haladrigis

desperado you mind walking me through how you made your macro on uoa? i tried something similar to that but i cant move when i use the macro it says i need to be closer to water. it works when i sit still.UPDATE: never mind i got my macro working with uoa....i could hug the person that made that program it makes things alot easier.