• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Fishing in Ilshenar

M

Muu Bin

Quick question that hopefully someone might have the answer to...

If I am fishing in the Mushroom Caves (just outside of the Twisted Weald), can I catch any of the rare Ilshenar fish? I am catching dungeon fish, as I expected to, but was wondering if there was a chance to catch ones like the Autumn Dragonfish, etc...

Thanks!
M.B.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I'm afraid not. To catch the rare Ilshenar fish you'll need to be fishing in the main part of Ilsh. I usually fish in the lake near the Meer town.

M

Muu Bin

I was afraid that would be the answer... was hoping to kill 2 birds (er fish) with one stone. Well... off to the lake it is...

Thanks for the reply Petra!
:thumbsup:

Godiva_Drach

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I caught an Autumn dragon fish today in that cave outside Twisted Weald. And why not? It is part of Ilshenar. I doubt though that you can catch the rare Twisted Weald fish there...

M

Muu Bin

After reading in another thread that someone had caught an Autumn Dragonfish in a lava pool (using a lava pole/ hook), I was beginning to wonder... Thanks for the update Godiva Drach... off to go and try my luck there as well.
:thumbup:

L

Longforge

After reading in another thread that someone had caught an Autumn Dragonfish in a lava pool (using a lava pole/ hook), I was beginning to wonder... Thanks for the update Godiva Drach... off to go and try my luck there as well.
:thumbup:
Yep, I caught it in a lava pool. But... it was "outdoors" in Ilshenar at the old gargoyle city. I don't think that it would qualify as a cave.

M

Muu Bin

Didn't fish for too long last night in the caves outside of the Twisted Weald. Only got dungeon fish. Will still try again for a few more times with hopes that it will produce an Autumn Dragonfish...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very strange, I have fished all my Siege dungeon fish in the mushroom cave, and I've fished enough of them to get my 120 scroll and train the skill. I've never caught an autumn dragonfish there

M

Muu Bin

I'm still getting the same result Petra. Not sure how much more time I'll spend there as there are other dungeons with manageable spawn which I know will produce some of the rare fish...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) I just make sure when I need shallow water fish I either fish at Lakeshire, or more usually Gravewater Lake. We actually use the holy mackeral to make pies. They're very helpful for an MR boost when dealing with the initial spawn at treasure maps.