• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishing Help

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got my first ancient sos from fishing and want to clear up how this works.

If i go and use the sos at the specified location, what should i expect? Will i come under attack from monsters, or is this only the case when using the fishing nets?

Once i've got my fabled fishing net from the chest, I would like to attempt it solo. What type of character would be best for this? I'm thinking probably tamer. Is there any advice that I should follow to make sure I can finish the job?

Finally, whats the best way to find SOS location?

Thanks

F

Fran Fury

Fishing up the Ancient SOS is the same as any other SOS. You will not be attacked by anything. Well maybe a serpent but not usually. The chest you get will contain the white net that will bring up the leviathan.

Buc's den docks are a good place to toss the net since it is deep water there but your still on land and able to retreat a little when needed.Also the healer is close by in case you need it.

I have never solo'd it myself so I have no advice there.We have done it very smoothly with 2 people a mage and a tamer. I have heard of it being solo'd though so it can be done.

Good Luck!

A

Azureal

I've got my first ancient sos from fishing and want to clear up how this works.

If i go and use the sos at the specified location, what should i expect? Will i come under attack from monsters, or is this only the case when using the fishing nets?
Theres a chance to pull up a serpent whilst attempting to fish the chest up, but its standard spawn, and shouldnt pose any problem.

Once i've got my fabled fishing net from the chest, I would like to attempt it solo. What type of character would be best for this? I'm thinking probably tamer. Is there any advice that I should follow to make sure I can finish the job?
Probably a tamer, with a g-dragon. Leviathons can be nasty Ive heard. But, heres the thing. What you really want to do is throw the net with your fisherman, so that he gets his chance at an artifact, plus have someone helping you, so that the chances increase for more artifacts. Or something like that.

Finally, whats the best way to find SOS location?
Are you using 2D or KR? I use 2D, and I also use UO Auto Map. Use UOAM to plos the co-ords in, and get sailing!

Thanks[/QUOTE]

E

Emil IsTemp

"level 5" white chest, with a chance for artys.. like the ghost ship anchor, or seahorse.

I would suggest a mage for the fabled nets.. in deep water.. either in Bucs, or around a land formation which you can block the creatures' escape with a boat or two.

UOAM is usually the best.. or keep the SOS opened, and dbl click your compass every now and then to see if your heading in the right direction.

Unless your looking for the artys, prolly get more $ just selling the ASOS..

L

LadyArden

Good luck with Soloing it -very brave. But I hope you get your arty!

A

Azazel of LA

I solo them all the time on my boat , its easy if you know what your doing. If you need help you can contact me and I will help you.

G

greatpumpkinator

I solo them with my pure mage.

Here's my basic pattern:
I get to an island and jump on a boat. I move the boat to just where the deep sea starts, and then I cast the net. Immediately, I return back to land, and hop off the boat. Once the creatures spawn...they will still target and chase after you.

Anyways, once I hit land...I cast two EVs...and I keep them up constatntly. They take care of the spawn. All of it. Sure, it takes quite a few of em to kill them all off...but it does work.

The only thing you need to be aware of is that the Leviathan *can* and *will* chase you on land! Unlike the krakens, it apparently learned how to walk...and it is a very adept mage too...so try and stay out of it's range.

Also...until you get used to doing this...you should follow this process a few times with normal green nets, and then a few times with the colored nets. Once you've mastered them...go for the fabeled net. :)

If you happen to be on GL, gimme a shout, I have a Legendary Mage in the Fishing Council of Britannia (FCB), and would be willing to help you out.

G

Gwendar-SP

Also...until you get used to doing this...you should follow this process a few times with normal green nets, and then a few times with the colored nets. Once you've mastered them...go for the fabeled net. :)

Are color nets different than normal ones when you toss them?

Don't forget to save all the pre chest loot for pub 53.

G

greatpumpkinator

Are color nets different than normal ones when you toss them?

Don't forget to save all the pre chest loot for pub 53.
YES! The colored ones spawn about 2-3 times as many creatures as the normal ones.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all the advice! Very informative :thumbup1:

I feel i've got the knowledge to try this tonight.

I'll post my results when done :)

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mission complete. Fished up the sos, got the fabled fishing net and solo'd the spawn with my pure mage as directed above :D

Loot was absolutely honkin' and no artifacts to speak of, but no surprises there really!

Thanks again for the help.