• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishing hazard

Rubyn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail. I have been fishing for 8 yrs, was always pretty easy. But now I am having a lot of trouble with water eles. they spawn 3/4 at a time.. can't fight that many at once. Anyone else with this problem? If so, how do you handle it?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My fisher is a mage with Healing & Anatomy which lets him heal in spite of the fast monster spellcasting. He does well when playing fish in a barrel on a boat. :)

T

Tukaram

Mine is a Archer/Paladin/Fisher. He does fine. He can actually take 3 Kraken at once. Actually I'm not sure what happened but my fisher is one of best fighters.

K

Kallie Pigeon

Three to four would be a little difficult for my fisher who is a poisoning chivalry fencer but I used water elemental slayer weapons and they go down pretty quick. If there were 3 or four I would also use enemy of one and consecrate weapon.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My fisher is a mage, with a water ele slayer Scrappers. Chain lightning is downight vicious, with the boost to the minor slayers - I can do 200+ to 3 water eles at once, 300+ to 1-2 eles, with the spell, by quickly disarming my pole and arming the book.

Protection, though, is a good thing to cast while fishing, then remove when not needed.

T

Tuchman

Hail. I have been fishing for 8 yrs, was always pretty easy. But now I am having a lot of trouble with water eles. they spawn 3/4 at a time.. can't fight that many at once. Anyone else with this problem? If so, how do you handle it?
My Fisherman is a Mage, I also bring my fishing buddy (Golem)with me now on the boat he knocks the you know what out of serpents.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are some places on the seas, where water eles spawn and respawn. Just move you ship to another part of the world. There are not many spawning locations like that around..

B

bjornef

i fish in fel and almoust no spot were there is spawn also dobble scales from serps and lether so i am happy fish some in tram to i fish any were i want and i use crap armor and still do oki