Fishing Gains...

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

gmcbroom

Hi Fellow Fishers,
I'm after the elusive White Pearls for my bowyer Tel. But to even get them I need minimum 80 skill in Fishing. I've been stuck at 63 for a while now I was wondering if there is a good spot or trick I can use to raise the skill. I am on Siege Perilous so I know at 70 skill things will be easier when RoT takes effect. Then It'll take me 3 days for I can stop it at 80. But my immediate task is raising it to 70. Any advice on how to do this? should I go to a specific spot or something. I've Tried all sorts of places but some of them wont even let me fish...they keep saying that I need water to fish in and the water is .....right there. Britain is a Prime example of that.
Any advice is appreciated.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2001
The question is: where do you fish? At 63 you should be able to gain in 'shallow water'. (Maybe its possible that it is the only place to gain at your level.) Shallow water is considered water between the coastlines and deep water. Ingame terms: about 8-16 tiles away from the coast or close to serverlines.

G

gmcbroom

I jumped on my boat and went out about as far as you recommended and blamo! A gain. :) I just went into RoT yesterday and will hit 75 soon. I'm almost to my goal for the Fishing skill. :) Now I'm back at Buc's Den until the gains stop then I'll go deep water. :) Thankyou.

R

Renneb

ok im stuck at 83 havent had a gain since i came back to UO i tired going out 14 to 18 spots but still no gains is there anything i can do? do i have to go to buc's den ?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2001
With 83 you should go out onto the deep seas. You will fail a lot to catch anything but gains should come to visit you from time to time. (Maybe you can get better gains 'close' to a serverline but that is a 'could be'. You need to try, if gaining for you works better, when your about 12-16 tiles away from the serverline instead of beeing in the middle of the ocean.)