• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Fishing for SOS...

M

Mudde

I normally fish off of a moving boat and just stop when the serpent appears. Do others do the same or do you pick a spot and fish it out until "The fish aren't biting here" message causes you to move out of that 8x8 area?

Are there other ways people use for collecting SOS?

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sailing slow forward, when i get a serpent - I stop and fish that spot emty. Once it spawns serpent, more will be spawned at same spot.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I fish a spot dry and then move 8 forward and repeat when i have added 50 or so to the ec map I make a loop around all of them picking em up! I use the EC organizer to empty

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I fish them up goping slow forward and have a EC Macro

My macro cast and waits for target then has a nice delay to allow me to catch something. I just leave the cursor over the edge of the boat on the water and click it when the cursor comes up. I have another one set to stop, equip horse lord, EoO, Attack nearest. I then loot it and start sailing slow forward again. Lime the other guy once i get enough i use Pincos and the EC client and just fish them up.

:scholar:I let the normal fish just pile up at my feet as well as the shoes and stuff.
I fill my bag up with fish to like 3 stones from max so everything pile at my feet on the deck. When it gets to messy i put the shoes and junk in a serpent corpse and dump the fish in a hold.

Sadly i really wish there was a target relative or target resource(water). I know this could lead to long times of not hitting any keys but damn it would be soOOOO nice.

BY if you are ATL i would love to trade a few grape vines?:gun:

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am usually going to a sunken treasure location slowly and I stop to kill the serpent and then continue on but if there are lots of serpents I may hang out in an area for a while to see if I can get more sos. Otherwise I go to a location in the ocean where I have a few sunken treasures to fish up and when I am done fishing them all up I go to the nearest shore and dry dock my boat. I may send my boat on it's way while I recall to the bank and house to unload the booty and fish steaks from the last chest. I don't have the high seas package because it seemed like I would have to change my macros if I got it and I have been using those for a long time.