• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FISHING CONTEST

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FISHING CONTEST
Sponsored by the Hall of Players

A one week event kicking off Sat, May 11 & ending Sat, May 18.

Who can catch the largest fish of each of the three categories?
Three categories: Regular Big Fish, Rare, and Legendary. (http://www.uoguide.com/Fish).

Turn your fish in at the 'Hall of Players' Mail Box during the week of the event. Through out the week we will be keeping an updated listing of each contestant's name and the weight of their heaviest fish caught. Latecomers welcome. You can drop multiple fish in the mailbox throughout the week.

Each category's winner, with the highest weight fish, will win:
**10,000,000 & have their trophy fish taxidermied.**

Each contestant can only win one of the three categories.
Bait and items that benefit fishing are allowed.
In all matters, the decision of the judge is final.

Visit the Hall Of Players today. Learn about those who have gone before and about those who are here now. Read of their exploits, achievements and gain understanding into why UO is the longest running MMOG.
The Hall of Players is located on the Malas Road across from the Brigand Camp at 41N,24W.
A rune to the Hall Of Players is on top of the green chest out front at the Book Store.
There is a rune to the Hall at Goodman's Library.
There is a house teleporter to the Hall at the Blue Crane Portal in Zento.

Fishing Contest coordinated by Davy Jones​

HAVEN FISHING KICK-OFF EVENT
New to Fishing? Join Pole Dancer for fun in the sun.
Mid Day Sat, May 11th

The event will start off with some fishing for your supper at the New Haven pier. Don't have a pole no worries they have them on the pier. Don't feel embarrassed if pale and pasty... ;p
Just hop over to the Bottled Imp and grab a bottle of Skin Tingeing Tincture for an insty tan..
Once we fish out the Haven Bay we will head over the Hall of Players to fry up our dinner (catch of the day) and sip some wine or gulp some grog... you choose your poison...
To wind down the event there will be a drawing for door prizes (tickets handed out at the door of the Hall)
So let's get this party STARTED!​

Haven Fishing Kick-Off Event Coordinated by Pole Dancer​

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you mean the "Decision of the Judge" The heaviest fish wins? or is there something I am missing? and where will the listing be visible. Alos these are ONLY fish caught that week? And i would want my fish back no matter if I win or not, you can have them to see but in the end I would want my heavy fish returned.

Silentfury

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I imagine, though you don't state it, that all Entry Fish MUST be dated within the Contest Window. I'm sure there a re a few people that have really heavy fish just sitting in the chest or Bank Box.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to thank those involved for taking the time and resources to plan an event for the community.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I agree. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I saw Davy Jones running around Brit last night. If you all contact me I would like to make a donation to kick up the Prize level if you are open to that. ICQ or email works best to get me.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not running the contest and just learned about it, but ...
Ya fish will be have to be dated of the week during the event.
The judge decision final, is due o the catergory's
you have two fish 199 stones for legendary and one for big fish. the judges decided which one you will win, which will be fair for others. If another fish is 198 stones of the same, they problay won't have you win that one, to make it more fair.
Least that is how I ran my fishing contests like this.

Flair

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
yes it was a wonderful time except dead bob lost my fish. :sad2:
The plaque you made was sweet and will forever serve as a wonderful reminder of the great time i had.