• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

fishing and dubloons

segmentman

Adventurer
I am confused, I read somewhere that doubloons can be had through MIB's, or transporting goods. Am I missing something somewhere? Or is it all attacking pirate ships? I can't find an exact page with accurate information. Thank you.

segmentman

Adventurer

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
This link Publish 104 – Rising Tide – Ultima Online kind of spells it out:
  • Battle against ships and the fortified plunderbeacon to recover Maritime Trade Cargo!
  • Sell Maritime Trade Cargo for Doubloons to the Pirate Merchant on Buc’s Den or deliver the cargo to a City Trade minister to fund the city’s coffers!

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I think you’re confusing two things.
MiB’s never had anything to do with doubloons. The trade route quests, same deal. There you get a crate and fill it with the requested items and go to the destination city for a reward.
The only places to gets the cargos for doubloons from are the Plunder Beacons, plus the holds of pirate ships and merchant ships (good luck trying to find a merchant ship on Atlantic).

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The only places to gets the cargos for doubloons from are the Plunder Beacons, plus the holds of pirate ships and merchant ships (good luck trying to find a merchant ship on Atlantic).
I have been saying the same thing on the Plunder Beacons there too though...

segmentman

Adventurer
I really appreciate the replies.....well, guess I'm gonna have to build, install, and learn to use cannons.......it'll take some time but i'll get there......

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I almost posted uo-cah's video for ya on the plunderbeacons.. am glad they did.

You can attack them with magic or ranged attack (unsure about melee but doubt ya can) it just takes a good bit longer than it does with cannons.