• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Fisherman's Suit

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Is it worth it and is it imbuable? For the most part I have only used my fisherman for MIB's but am thinking of trying to catch the different types of fish now. DO the suits work any better now than in the past?

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it worth it, not yet... The bonus for baits and the suit are so low that you might as well be fishing nekked! They "work" the same as they did the day they came out. Mine is just sitting on a mannequin collecting dust until it is fixed.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tested this over and over. I get no discernible change when wearing the suit. In fact, so far I don't see much advantage in using smelly baits over regular baits. However, I have not had enough smelly baits to be sure about this yet. As a matter of fact, I have caught almost all the rare fish and most of them were without baits. The only bait I used that I am sure greatly helped was the one for Zombie fish. The whole suit, bait thing needs a review. I don't hold out much hope for that.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.... The whole suit, bait thing needs a review. I don't hold out much hope for that.
The entire package needs a serious revamp... Quest work/rewards, rare fish, the suit's effect, baits... ALL OF IT is in sore need of some serious love...
Come'on devs....

Last edited:

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This might sound like a newbie question, but what is a "fisherman's suit"? My Sister is an elf and has a pair of green kelp leggings (I think they are called) which she thinks are cool. All my sisters are flashy dressers and not so wise as it pertains to what is actually a smart choice for defense...

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It is a suit gained from clean-up points. It would be used for the bait strength but I guess it is not working right. Fisherman's Armor Set Clicky

Last edited:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol... You are a little devil, aren't you Taz... Hard to read that part of her sig on my screen... But thx...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not sure if the suit is better or not... but my results this go around with it were great. Fishing for Winter Dragonfish in Ice, had 3626 fish caught without one. Snagged 100 charges of bait, slapped on suit caught one on the 46th cast. The remaining 54 uses did not land one tho.. *shrugs* so draw from that what ya will I guess :)

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Kylie... Do you wear luck when dungeon fishing?

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, of all the things that SHOULD be affected by luck, I would think that the chance of catching a very, very rare fish certainly SHOULD be...

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm nearing the end of my fishing quest; just the Blood Lobster and Tunnel Crab left to catch now... and I'd say for crustaceans the Suit is absolutely worth while. Each time the Traps complete a *bob* the chance of a rarer crab etc goes up, as does the chance the trap will be destroyed. As it's multiplicative then, it also multiplies the effectiveness of the bait applied to the trap... combine that with the fishing suit which will also be multiplied in turn and you'll see a much greater chance of catching the Legendaries whilst equipped.

For Legendary Fish however, it's hard to quantify. It's not noticeably better, if you've only got 100 charges of some of the rarer bait (and some have never dropped for me at all, despite over 300 recorded fishing quests now) you'll likely lose them all, suit or not. However the odds of catching a Legendary are so low (Kylie is reporting around 3000 fish for each, which is roughly the odds I've seen too) that even a little help will be desirable, especially for areas with intense and dangerous spawn.

Wanda and Phineas on Europa have donated Charybdis bait to me to host public events a few times; until Publish 80 the suit was broken however, and no one has offered bait since, so I can't tell you if that encounter is improved with the suit... however the maths don't indicate it would be noticeably improving; it's 25% chance above GM fishing, the same as Osiredon... and 1% from the suit isn't going to move that much. Again however, the ability to get the materials is so ridiculously low, anything which nudges the chance of successfully summoning him is worth it. Of all the 450+ submissions to the Fishing Quest document stickied here, I'm the only one so far to get the Oracle, and none of us ever got Charybdis bait... so yes, too damn right I wear the Suit when trying to pull him up! (And it's a good job I did, as that helped prove the suit was broken still, and got it fixed). Osiredon however is, as far as I know, just a straight chance based on Fishing skill, you won't need the Suit for him at all.

Smelly Bait? I've only ever had it for the Rare fish, never Legendary, and Rare are pretty friendly with your hook... I'd say it is more effective, but I couldn't quantify it in practical experience. If you've got the bait, may as well Suit up I guess!

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Takes a deep breath... Wonders if it's all worth it...

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm.. I have 10 baits and an Oracle, didn't know they were so rare. However, the tunnel crab and blue marlin still elude me. I guess I will give the suit a try for the crab. Thanks for the analysis.

Last edited: